Dive Xtras CudaX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info @Scubapeks. I guess I'd be happier with that 120 ft/min (similar CCR & stage config) vs. the 80-100 ft/min on the blacktip. Really adds up for a longer transit. I already bungee the stages and stay trim too.

Is the Cuda X also getting you better battery efficiency, as advertised?
@bubblemonkey2 I'll need to push it longer. In the summer, we regularly do dives exceeding 200 minutes so it will be interesting to see how the batteries perform vs other scooters in the group (other divers with twinset and two stages). In theory, after a 200 minutes dive using the cruise speed, if the left screen is showing an approx 50% remaining power, it would be a good indication, but the remaining 50% should decrease faster than the first half in theory. I'm not sure how the battery duration is tested/calculated.

More info to come. I'll keep you posted.

I did a test run on a known circuit tonight. Lenght of the circuit approx 7286 feet. Backmount CCR, two stages and drysuit. I'm 240lbs on 5'9". Test run was done using the 3rd gear and it took me 60 minutes flat to do the whole circuit (no current there). It gives 120 FPM. Not sure if a diver with only a twinset could reach 150 FPM ?
I reprogrammed my Piranha P1 years ago and would need to check what my settings are but it starts in 2nd ‘gear’ and I think that’s set at 20%.

On that setting, I do just shy of 50m/min, so more than 150’/min. That’s with a JJ-CCR on my back and one 7 litre bailout, in a well-fitting dry suit.

I’m not 240lb though, rather a more racing snake 175lb and 6’

I towed another diver for 250m in around 8 minutes on that default setting. I haven’t tried a Cuda-X yet but I suspect it’s a tad more powerful than a Piranha.

Just a quick additionnal info here. The power switch of the CudaX can be used as a kill switch in case the scooter won't stop when releasing the trigger. I tested it and it works. The user manual doesn't mention it for some reason.

Any updates on CudaX ownership?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom