Dive Xtras 650 Cuda for sale $1900

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darryl Lyons

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
B793CD4D-A196-4F42-A4F7-E5CD3825952F.jpeg BBB526DF-5AAF-4D05-A4FD-029485E42EDF.jpeg D11ADFA4-99EA-4A16-92BC-D462B0D8CF2C.jpeg F6A6CB5F-BC4C-48CA-93C7-DE1A09EEBD41.jpeg Excellent condition. Seals are great and has never leaked. Comes with a Spares Kit, accessory bracket w/compass and dive computer. Battery will need replaced eventually. Burn time is at 1.5-2 hours. I allowing for pricing of $850 for rebuilt battery expense. Will pay for shipping within Continental United States. I have original shipping box so it will be shipped protected.

sucks that the 650wh batteries aren't even available anymore. Best you can get is the 550wh and still have the extra weight from the 650.
What's worse is the people at Dive Xtras are selling "Cuda 650's" even though the battery cells required to get to the 650wh haven't been available in years.

sucks that the 650wh batteries aren't even available anymore. Best you can get is the 550wh and still have the extra weight from the 650.
What's worse is the people at Dive Xtras are selling "Cuda 650's" even though the battery cells required to get to the 650wh haven't been available in years.
That’s incorrect. Deep Sea Supply and Rabbit Tool West will take your battery and rebuild it with new cells for around $850. This is why I lowered the price to offset the expense of replacement.

Also, Dive Xtras has new 650 batteries for sale from them as well.

@Darryl Lyons you're not hearing me.

first off, DSS doesn't make batteries anymore, but that's irrelevant.
second off, and the important one is Rabbit Tool West *the ones who make the Dive Xtras batteries, so they all come from the same place* literally is unable to make 650 batteries. The 650 batteries were possible because of a 16ah cell which is how they bumped up the juice from the 550 which was made with 13ah cells. The 16ah cells are no longer available. If you buy a "650" battery from Rabbit Tool West, or from Dive Xtras themselves, it is actually a ~550wh battery and you will have to put some more lead in to compensate.

Can you install the power tool battery kit onto the Cuda so that it would use power tool batteries?

I'm talking about the kit listed here: Batteries - Dive Xtras

Can you install the power tool battery kit onto the Cuda so that it would use power tool batteries?

I'm talking about the kit listed here: Batteries - Dive Xtras

it will mount to the tail and power the ESC, but you'd have bigger issues. Since they use 18v batteries you can't charge them in series which is why they have to come out to charge. The PTB battery holders are permanent in the Piranha modules. If you bought a PTB, and a Piranha nose cone, and drilled the holes in the struts for the strap, you could make a Piranha with a Cuda tail. If it's worth it, unsure.

Each PTB is only actually good for about 360wh since those "20v" batteries are actually "18v" batteries *5s pack @ 3.6v/cell*, so factor that into the calculation when doing comparison.

Only point of my first post was that for any perspective buyers to make sure they know that you can't use the 650 duration specs if/when you replace the battery and you have to use the 550 specs. It's only 4lbs and 2" different, but it's still means you only get 85% of the original capacity

BAA85745-9F2F-48D4-B3E8-988CA90525DD.png
@Darryl Lyons you're not hearing me.

first off, DSS doesn't make batteries anymore, but that's irrelevant.
second off, and the important one is Rabbit Tool West *the ones who make the Dive Xtras batteries, so they all come from the same place* literally is unable to make 650 batteries. The 650 batteries were possible because of a 16ah cell which is how they bumped up the juice from the 550 which was made with 13ah cells. The 16ah cells are no longer available. If you buy a "650" battery from Rabbit Tool West, or from Dive Xtras themselves, it is actually a ~550wh battery and you will have to put some more lead in to compensate.

You said that the 650nimh batteries weren’t available. As you can see they are from Dive Xtras. If Dive Xtras is selling a battery that’s not to specs then that’s something they need to say on their website. Also, from my years of using scooters even when you buy 2 at the same time from a manufacturer you will always have a difference in weight balancing. Let’s just agree to disagree and let it go. I’m not out to sell something to someone that they are not going to be able to use. Any questions someone has feel free to contact Dive Xtras and ask. I believe they are more qualified to answer than you or I.

View attachment 499461

Any questions someone has feel free to contact Dive Xtras and ask. I believe they are more qualified to answer than you or I.
that is the problem that I wanted to point out. If you call them, they will tell you that 650's are available. It is on their website, it is on their facebook page with very recent posts. It is important to understand that if you buy a new "650" battery, it will not be perform to 650 specs. Saves you the hassle of someone getting potentially grumpy with you.

Shouldn't last long though, that's a good deal for someone hunting

I've had my eye out for a deal on an xtras scooter, but I really want that power tool battery option. Guess I'll pass on this one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom