dive with Big Apple in PG?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justwannadivenow3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone recently stayed and dove with Big Apple in PG? From reading reviews it seems the accommodation and food isnt the best... I'm ok as long as its not horrible.

My big question is really with the diving. Are they a good outfit?

I just want to go to good dive sites and have long bottom times. I hate dives that get cut short

I cannot comment on their dive staff or offerings, but I can say that I really enjoy hanging out there. Decent drink prices, good wait staff, and really, the food is decent. Their pizzas are really good.

But unfortunately I can comment on the rooms. I wasn't impressed, even by semi-local standards. Very old rooms, old furniture with an odd smell, and not very clean. I can look past most of that, but the lower level rooms, with the sliding glass door entry are seriously lacking any security. Even when locked, you just bounce the door up n down and it opens right up.... not exactly where I want to leave my belongings while out n about or diving.

For alternative dive operations, i have dived with Asia Divers (A+!, but $$), Atlantis (A+ but $$$) and Angelyn's (A, $). I've been happy with all three. I've heard really good feed back regarding Scandi Divers. I've met the operator, he's a really good guy, but I've yet to dive with them. (I will be going to them on my next PG dive.) Scandi Divers, El Galleon, Atlantis, and Angelyn's all have great accommodations, nice, clean rooms, great staff; all great options.

I've heard decent things about Captain Gregg's. If you're heading to PG without any particular dive plans, I suggest walking down the "beach" and talking with multiple operators, there are many, and see who best fits your needs/desires. Especially if you're an accomplished, confident diver, you are sure to find someone to meet your needs. (Sometimes dive ops get bad reviews from/for beginner or casual divers, but are great for more experienced, self reliant divers.)

Feel free to drop a few Op names here and you'll get the feedback/answers you're looking for.

Good luck!

There are only a few instructors, local or foreign, in the area can say he/she have been diving longer than Peter Wilson.
No comment on their rooms but another option as already mentioned " Angelyn".

look into some airbnb options,,,there are a few decent ones in Sabang if avaiable...I stopped staying at the resorts and would do an airbnb and dive with a local shop like Action Divers on past trips

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom