Dive trip recommendations - Philippines or nearby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leslie R

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone! I am planning a trip from Oregon to New Zealand in November. I’d like to stop somewhere for a few days on the way to relax and dive. Looking for suggestions for the best but also easily accessible places for a “layover” between western US and New Zealand. Also would love suggestions for dive spots around New Zealand!

I’m a recreational diver with advanced open water, for reference, and will be traveling with husband and 4 year old, so places for something for them to do too is a plus!!

Thanks in advance for recommendations!

Easiest (i.e. least travel) would be the Mamanucas in Fiji (close to Nadi airport) or Moorea (if flying through Papeetei). Air NZ used to stop over in Rangiroa (Cook Islands) on some flights between LA and Auckland but I'm not sure they have resumed that service after COVID. Rangiroa is a great spot despite ho-hum diving! Hawaii could also work although you would have to take an internal flight to better diving in Maui or Kona. As far as dive spots in NZ...I've only been to the Poor Knights. Very cool diving...a mix of kelp and tropical fish! I recommend

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom