Dive Trip In June Anyone? Divers Needed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Borisimo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings fellow divers,

My wife and I charter a 50'-60' powerboat in the Virgin Islands every year and dive all around the USVI's and BVI's. Usually, we have no problem finding enough friends/family that can come along, but not so much this year. I have to commit to the charter many months early, because the boats are in high demand, and then hope I can fill the cabins. Right now I have a 50' boat reserved starting June 5th for 20 nights with 3 en-suite cabins and my wife and I are the only ones confirmed.

The cost is $250-$350 a night for an en-suite cabin, depending on how many we fill. The details of the boat can be found here: www.vipyahcts.com (50' Tarquin). You don't have to join for the entire time as it's easy to get to and from just about anywhere we are (Tortolla/Virgin Gorda/St. John/St.Thomas).

We have a local dive shop supply the tanks and weights and carry them on the boat. It makes for a great dive boat with large aft swim platform and tender that can be used to get to more remote locations. We try to dive at least 1 dive every day, but it can be more or less depending on conditions. I'm the USCG certified Captain and we carry no other crew. The boat has all the comforts such as A/C, full kitchen, sound system, hot water, electric toilets, 110V outlets, grill, etc.

We try to disconnect as much as possible, but phone service/WIFI is available in some locations as needed. We don't spend much time ashore and tend to prefer remote locations to moor for the night, but there is usually a beach bar/restaurant nearby and fill stations everywhere.

We are looking for one or two couples that are laid back and somewhat experienced divers. Because there is no official crew, some help is required with the cleaning, cooking, docking, and transporting tanks to the fill stations, but I think you'll find more relaxation, diving, swimming, and nightly fun than any other tropical vacation. Last year we had 9 friends on the 60' boat and it was a blast. Everyone got along and the boat never felt crowded.

We pick up the boat out of St. Thomas on June the 5th, stock it, then head out on the morning of the 6th. You'll need a passport for the BVI's, but getting into and out of there is very easy. You stay on the boat and I take care of the customs/immigration. We tend to navigate the islands in a clockwise direction, but can change it up depending on weather and diving conditions.

Who are we and could you be on a boat with us?

Michele (Wife) and I are in our 40's, we live in Dubai and I'm a pilot for the major airline here. She is a full time student getting a degree in International Studies. We're both from the Northeastern US, but have lived all over the states including Florida, Texas, Washington State, and San Diego. I was in the US Navy for over 20 years as a pilot and we met just when I finished training in 1997. We have been diving together all over the world since then. We have a passion for fish and animals and try to be as environmentally conscience as possible. We love diving during the day and stargazing at night with a glass of wine on the boat. I like to grill out and make cocktails in the evening while listing to reggae. She enjoys good conversation, laughter and the occasional night outing to the beach.

Please let me know if you're interested and send me a bio/facebook link.

Back
Top Bottom