Trip Report Dive trip 6-8 to 6-17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lexvil

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Getting to Curaçao was tedious with the testing and timing requirements but worth it.
Reefs were teeming with fish, corals were in Bloom water was 83°, its a great time to get back into the warm water.

I really don’t care for boat diving, hate being on someone else’s schedule, short dives etc. unlike Bonaire there are fewer dive sites but overall but great diving to be had in plenty of spots and also unlike Bonaire there are many other activities topside including great food.

two dive buddies and I split a vrbo in a nice secured neighborhood, don’t know why the pics load sideways.
6E8AB0D0-1DF9-4560-82DA-B7D9295B705D.jpeg
2F4CC7BB-878B-4B34-8F81-02D2795C0FD0.jpeg
C57F9F5E-8463-4825-8B5B-237FF6661A88.jpeg
7D72B0D9-88F7-4CDC-A59A-3A66DCC3723A.jpeg
FD824A70-D270-444F-8C50-35589A0589CD.jpeg
DFA87B35-CD48-4B57-BDFE-8130B31575B0.jpeg
07E19B95-0416-4E41-938E-0DD407FF877E.jpeg
D8B7E46C-7F5F-4DD9-81B7-77CD707AB320.jpeg
D2D8C76B-E168-40F4-BBA5-DD1E301D27C4.jpeg

just plain great diving, ate at the ribs factory more than anyplace else, great great food.

Glad to hear it was a good time. Did you do any boat dives at all, or strictly shore dives?

Erik

Glad to hear it was a good time. Did you do any boat dives at all, or strictly shore dives?

Erik
One day, good dives but not much difference than the shore dives as far as things to see, for the time and cost for me not worth it but I know a lot of people prefer boat diving, I’m not into it.

Your VRBO is beautiful! The interior design is inspiring!

Nice dive pics. I hear ya on the shore diving. My wife likes boat diving and I like diving with my wife. Shore diving does have its advantages, including not dealing with schedules, and not dealing with personalities on the boat. Boat diving can be really good or a PITA.

I am glad you had a great time.

How was the ct PCR, and antigen testing for you? For us it was easy once we got with the program, so to speak.

Did you have long lines at the airports? Were your flights full? Ours were almost 95% full. The lines at CVG and Miami were long. Lots of folks did not make their flights. We made our flights with ease.

Already Dreaming of Curacao!

See ya Lex,
m

Your VRBO is beautiful! The interior design is inspiring!

Nice dive pics. I hear ya on the shore diving. My wife likes boat diving and I like diving with my wife. Shore diving does have its advantages, including not dealing with schedules, and not dealing with personalities on the boat. Boat diving can be really good or a PITA.

I am glad you had a great time.

How was the ct PCR, and antigen testing for you? For us it was easy once we got with the program, so to speak.

Did you have long lines at the airports? Were your flights full? Ours were almost 95% full. The lines at CVG and Miami were long. Lots of folks did not make their flights. We made our flights with ease.

Already Dreaming of Curacao!

See ya Lex,
m
Testing in curaçao was easy enough, the go home test was also easy but they mistyped my email address and if it weren’t for my dive buddy who speaks Spanish I would have had to go back and deal with it, he got them to send the doc. to him and he sent it to me, once VeriFLY worked great. Flight there was not to full but the one to Miami from SF was packed to the gills. Curaçao immigration and customs were a snap as it seemed they couldn’t get us through the place fast enough.
Since this was a delayed trip from last year I upgraded to business/first class so group one boarding made it all a breeze, flight to Miami was full and one to SF was pretty full. Sort of an out of the frying pan into the fire, humid 80’s there and dry 108 here, I miss it… supposed to be nicer next week.

Envious. Have never dove 83° water.

I'm guessing no wetsuit needed?

Envious. Have never dove 83° water.

I'm guessing no wetsuit needed?
Wore my one mil and tried out my sharkskin I’ve had for a few years until the last few days and felt just as warm without it, last dive Wednesday was 2hr 5min. Felt a slight chill but far from cold, usually feel colder after an hour in my drysuit in Monterey.

One day, good dives but not much difference than the shore dives as far as things to see, for the time and cost for me not worth it but I know a lot of people prefer boat diving, I’m not into it.

Yeah, it sounds like shore diving is the way to go. We are planning on doing Watamula, and our group is made mostly of snorkelers so we’ll all do Blue Room, otherwise all shore diving. Thought that, given where you were staying, you may have gone out to Eastpoint.

Nice, thanks for sharing. Looks beautiful.

How many dives did you get in for the week (looks like you may have done longer dives/less quantity?) Repeat sites or all varied?
Any problems getting tanks filled?

Nice, thanks for sharing. Looks beautiful.

How many dives did you get in for the week (looks like you may have done longer dives/less quantity?) Repeat sites or all varied?
Any problems getting tanks filled?
We go through dive bus, unlimited tanks, load up the truck and go. Hit many sites from piscado to directors bay. I think we did 20 dives ranging from 60 minutes to 2hr 5min on the last dive going from tug boat to directors bay.

Back
Top Bottom