Dive Team Funding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Josh818

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Our Dive team is trying to go through the proccess of getting grant money. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good grant to aply for? We are currently in works of getting our FEMA and Homeland Security endorsement as well so I think that would broaden our horizons.
Appreciate any help!:)

Both Target and WalMart have "Good Neighbor" grants of up to $2000 for Police and Fire departments in their individual areas. Sam's Club also does one separate from WalMart. You contact the store management, and they'll put you in touch with the person at the store that handles it. It's a once a year thing, and it's competitive with other agencies in your area so you have to write fancy and make it sound like you need it worse than others in your area. I've gotten all three in different years but there's a lot of competition here. Is your dive team NIMS compliant?

WOW!!! My first reply!!! :rofl3:
We are not NIMS endorsed yet, but at our last meeting we actually put that into motion.. and we have a professional grant writer writing our grant, but we need to find grants to write for....
Thanks for you help..

Folks,
Sorry to dig up this old post, but I have some questions in regard to public safety dive team funding. For a number of years our team has received funding through the Port Security Grant. Some years we make out well while other years we do not. I was wondering if anyone has had success elsewhere? I'm thinking the Department of Energy possibly? I've seen FEMA and Homeland Security mentioned, but aren't these Grants essentially Port Security Grants, or are they totally different?
Is there some sort of underwater NIMS training, or are folks just receiving the standard NIMS training?

Thank you!!

Ed

Standard NIMS training will work. Most of the federal grants want you to follow NIMS before they will allow funding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom