Dive Slate? Recommendations!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

archman:
The advantage of magna-doodles over conventional slates is that you don't have to fool with erasing or broken pencils... both of which are common hassles.

For the traditional slates the writing becomes really hard to erase the longer you let it sit, i found the using a little toothpaste and an old toothbrush will take it off pretty quickly.

I like the Nite-WriterII by Innovative scuba concepts because it has a backlight and it is about the right size- big enough to write a couple lines, yet fits into a bc pocket.

I used the MD in Bonaire while doing my AOW on the Hilma Hooker(bottom depth 98') and my sketch of the wreck lasted until I got back to hotel to draw it on reg paper for instructor. to keep it from rusting dry it and put a dab of oil on the tip of the pen after a days diving. Have about 50 dives on mine and 2 years

av8er23:
I have decide to try a slate so me and my girl or dive buddy can somewhat communicate underwater. I am looking at the one below.
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/AQUQ...vSrchSortField=Relevance&SortDesc=False&Hit=1

This is the slate I use with a few modifications. I have glued a flexible mirror (from a $2 toy) inside the magnetic surface cover to signal on the surface. I have also written "How much air? " with a majic marker above that (to ask my insta-buddy) and my email below (in caseI lose it).
On the back of the cover I have written 1500 psi, 1000 psi, 500 psi. to signal my air easily. I have also written a template of the dive profile I do, including deep stop and safety stop to explain the insta-buddy what to expect.
I have the slate tied with a bungee on my left hip and attached with an extender. It is a good slate to have around. The erasing part is nice because you can write big althrought anythink with more letters than SHARk wont fit :wink:
JL

I love the slates that you can fold on your wrist, it is great, I always use it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom