Dive Sites of Sogod Bay in Philippines with Introduction by Phil McGuire | 4K | Sony NX80

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laval

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is the second of two videos about our diving trip to Sogod Bay in Philippines in August 2019. In this video I was trying to show what you could expect to see at 12 dive sites that we explored during our 10-day dive trip (of 19 dive sites available).

Because, strictly speaking, August is the off-season, and not all dive sites were accessible and the marine life was not as diverse as it normally could be expected during the best season (which is spring, I believe). Descriptions of each site are generic, not only based on my experience. All underwater footage in this video was filmed with Sony HXR-NX80 professional camcorder using Gates housing and Keldan video lights.

This was my first experience with this camcorder and the housing, resulting in poor quality of some clips which I decided to inlude anyway just to demonstrate the marine life of as many sites as possible. My first video about this trip is a shorter 'trip' video that you could watch at the following link:
During this trip, we stayed at Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, which is one of the best scuba resort in the area. You could read my full review about this trip at the following POST at Scubaboard,

All drone footage in this video is by Frank Schielke, who kindly shared it with me, for which I am very grateful. Please visit Frank's youTube channel at: Frank Schielke

Nice! I was planning to go that side a few years back then ended up postponing for later. Good reminder for the next trip planning.

Cheers
P

Nice! I was planning to go that side a few years back then ended up postponing for later. Good reminder for the next trip planning.

Cheers
P
It is a very good place for easy diving and photography. I see myself going there often and for long in the future.

This movie is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

I was supposed to go there end of March, in the best period for whale shark watching, but I had to cancel the trip due to the current situation.

I can't wait to be able to schedule another trip to Southern Leyte.

We were there in early December and saw whalesharks ! It was a great spot, no other boats apart from the spotters in their canoes just five divers. Southern Leyte Divers are a great outfit.

There are only a handful few operators in the area. Given the slightly remoteness of the area as well as number of divers coming, no one can survive by offering poor services.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom