Dive Sites around Sooke?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shadowen

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have recently moved to Victoria and I was wondering if there are any good dive sites that people know of between Sooke and Jordan River or even out in Port Renfrew. I am currently going on a camping trip out that way and since a few of us are divers I want to make the most of my time off.

I have recently moved to Victoria and I was wondering if there are any good dive sites that people know of between Sooke and Jordan River or even out in Port Renfrew. I am currently going on a camping trip out that way and since a few of us are divers I want to make the most of my time off.

Your best bet would be to talk to Stu Gordon from ScubaStu in Sooke. I don't know of any good shore dive in Sooke but he may.

Scuba Stu

Cheers

Al

I did a couple of dives off Port Renfrew a few years ago. We didn't try to hit any particular site but just dropped in at the entrance to the bay at the 80' mark just to see what there was. Mostly flat rocky bottom, I recall a pretty good current running so we did the "drift dive with a live boat" thing. I remember we saw a juvenile wolf eel and an octopus.

Back
Top Bottom