Dive sites App

Would you like to see an app with all the dive sites?

• Yes

Votes: 25 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaWarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know of any apps that will mark down all the dive sites in the world?

Maybe a map of each site as well based on community contribution? What do you guys think? Would there be an interest? How do dive sites get their name? Is there a website that marks all of these?

I am not aware of any. There are several web based logbooks that include dive sites. These are frequently user submitted but not verified for accuracy which leads to redundant or inaccurate site information/location/name.

I think maps and more reliable data is more region specific and what that regional community has created via an authored book or local website.

Oh wow, we need the same thing for diving sites.. cause every time I go to a new location to find spots, it's scouring the internet for all the different sites available.

But most of the time internet isn't available.

Oh wow, we need the same thing for diving sites.. cause every time I go to a new location to find spots, it's scouring the internet for all the different sites available.

All my dive sites are on CaveAtlas.com

Divesites.com has some gps data for sites as well as wannadive.net. An app would be neat. The latter is prettier and has good informational data about a region or dive site in a summary form which I like.

What would be a good idea for sharing dive sites with gps locations?
Until a few years ago, gps locations (esp. of wrecks) were kept as secrets. And unfortunately not without reason, with all the illegal salvaging going in Indonesia...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom