Dive shops in west Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverichards

Registered
Reaction score
What shop is best for a Desecheo Island dive? Taino, Aquatica Dive and surf or Puerto Rico Technical Diving Center or some other shop someone may know about.

Thanks. I had read most of those threads before I posted and had previously planned on Taino, but I tried priceline for the first time and they booked me at Villa Montana west of Isabela which on the map looks like quite a jaunt to Taino. Aquatica and PR Technical looked like they might be closer to my resort, but I hadn't read about them like I had Taino.

Thanks. I had read most of those threads before I posted and had previously planned on Taino, but I tried priceline for the first time and they booked me at Villa Montana west of Isabela which on the map looks like quite a jaunt to Taino. Aquatica and PR Technical looked like they might be closer to my resort, but I hadn't read about them like I had Taino.

I have been here in PR now for 2 months and I am still perplexed by the work ethic here. Villa MOntan is more expensive. If you go with Taino Divers, book a hotel in Ricon. It is a much cuter town and closer to the dive site. If you want to stay in Isabella go to Costa Dorado Hotel. If you got the bucks them go to Montana. I have had dives cancelled on me by the other two dive shops you mentioned. Taino is strictly boat diving. PRTDC and Aquatica do shore dives in Aquadilla. You may want to use a combination of many shops which you may have to do considering everyone has a golf game or a Quincinero to go to. Would not hurt to book some dives down in Paraguera since that area is more protected from the North's storms. Go to West Divers, Paradise Divers or Paraguera Divers. Have not dove with any of them yet.

I've dove with Taino and they are great! I also dove with Parguera but the last I heard Angel was selling/closing the shop and moving to the states so check and see what's going on before you book.

Rachel

Angel is gone, so that means Parguera divers is gone too. I know the owner of Taino and he is great. In fact I just did a dive with him this past Sunday. It's great. They definitely know what they are doing. The prices are $109 p/p to go to Desecheo for a two tank dive. If you need any other info about PR just message me. I live here and dive almost every weekend.

I dove with Taino three times over the Christmas holiday and have reservation for this Saturday. They are a great operation. Isabella is very far from Rincon and I agree with the previous post that Rincon is a cuter town with a lot to offer. Desecheo is a 45 minute boat ride out from Rincon and from Isabella it would be much longer.

Actually Isabella is about 20 min for Rincon. It is not far at all. The boat ride all depends on the way the wind and current is. But it is roughly about 30-45 min. Puerto Rico Technical Divers is also a great store. It is in Aguadilla. Which is about 30 min from Rincon.

I dove with Taino three times over the Christmas holiday and have reservation for this Saturday. They are a great operation.

We'll just miss you by a week! Hope it goes well with Alma still rolling thru!

Angel is gone, so that means Parguera divers is gone too. I know the owner of Taino and he is great. In fact I just did a dive with him this past Sunday. It's great. They definitely know what they are doing. The prices are $109 p/p to go to Desecheo for a two tank dive. If you need any other info about PR just message me. I live here and dive almost every weekend.

Hi,

My husband and I are planning to visit P.R. and do some diving on the south and west coasts. We will fly into SJU and rent a car for 9 days or so. Can you recommend some good dive operators? Want to dive the Parguera Wall for sure and drive up the west coast back to San Juan. Thanks so much in advance.

Gek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom