Dive shops in Sharm El Sheik

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michigan diver12

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

Planning a dive trip to Sharm El Sheik and wanted to know if any of the dive shops stand out among the others. I see there are quite a few now compared to when I was there in 08. I will be staying at the Hilton while there. Any other info to pass on for there is well appreciated.

I can remember back when there were 2 dive shops in Naama Bay back when it was called Ofira - Red Sea Divers in the Gazalla Hotel and the old Israeli dive center down below the original Naama Bay Hotel at the southern end of the bay.
Diving was really good there back then. and camping on the beach was an accepted practice.
Michael

Are you staying at the Hilton Sharks Bay? If so, what do you need to know? I've dived with them on several occasions (though not in the last couple of years).

Are you staying at the Hilton Sharks Bay? If so, what do you need to know? I've dived with them on several occasions (though not in the last couple of years).

I am considering that hotel (as well as the Renaissance Golden View), do you have any thoughts on how these 2 compare?
Do both of them have their own diving centers and how do they compare to the other shops in the areas?

I would be looking to do a few wreck dives (I am wreck certified) and would most likely travel without my buddy on this trip.
Are they good with solo divers?

Thanks!

Are they good with solo divers?
If you mean whether they will find you a buddy to dive with or have a guide that will take that role, then yes.
If you mean whether they will let you dive alone, then no.
If the dive centre is among the better ones, being "wreck certified" won't impress them much. They will look at the number of dives and do a check dive with you.

If you mean whether they will find you a buddy to dive with or have a guide that will take that role, then yes.
If you mean whether they will let you dive alone, then no.
If the dive centre is among the better ones, being "wreck certified" won't impress them much. They will look at the number of dives and do a check dive with you.

I meant pairing me with another solo diver (or guide), so that’s great!
I typically dive with a guide unless I know the area well and feel comfortable. :)

What dives do you consider to be the “better ones”?
Thanks for the answer!

I've used Sinai Divers and Camel, both are very professional. Camel hotel is a nice diver-centric small place on Na'ama bay (NOT a resort!), not too expensive and pleasantly central.
Hope you enjoy diving at Sharm!

Back
Top Bottom