Dive shops in HK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kalekainxx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know of any dive shops in Hong Kong, especially one that is a Saekodive equipment dealer? I'm in need of a Li-Ion battery for one of their HID lights.

Hmm, Saekodive? That's a Taiwanese company right? Can't say I've seen their products around but check with Diving Adventure in Causeway Bay
http://divinghk.com/index.asp?lan=en&templateImagePath=D:\Divinghk\config.msg.asp&

For some reason, I remember seeing some HID's in their display and didn't recognize the brand (it might have been saekodive!). If not, I'm sure they could help you find the local distributor.

I'll check with another shop. Prodive. in few minutes as I'm about to head off to pick up a semi-dry suit there. If I have time today, I might try to swing by Diving Adventure as well (Gotta pick up a macro lens for a trip next week...) and will look/ask around about the Saekodive batteries. If by chance you read this in the next half hour, can you give me the model # of your HID?

Unfortunately, Saekodive's website doesn't list their dealers.

The model i have is the AL-26-LI. The battery i need is GP18650L220 3S2P. Thanks for checking.

If Bunn's is still around, they can get anything. Well, they used to be able to get anything. Between them, Jimmy's, and Mary Sue and the orphans, you could get ANYTHING taken care of in HK.

kalekainxx:
The model i have is the AL-26-LI. The battery i need is GP18650L220 3S2P. Thanks for checking.

Went to Diving Adventure and they don't carry that brand. I didn't get a chance to go over to ProDive although I was to pick up a semi-dry suit for todays dive. Unfortunately, Prodive is smack in the middle on Wanchai near where the WTO meetings are going on... They ended up closing down most of the streets around the store due to some violent protests and demonstrations...

If you have a chance, I would suggest emailing Saekodive and ask them who their dealer is in HK. BTW, why are you looking for it in HK?

i'll be in HK for a week next week, so if i can find it there, i'll pick it up there.

Kalekainxx,

I emailed Saekodive Taiwan and they suggested you contact Wah Shing Diving at the following email (wsdiving@netvigator.com ) about Saekodive products in HK. Not sure if Wah Shing is just a distributor or a retailer. Anyways, shoot 'em an email.

I think this might be Wah Shing's address and tel # as well

Wah Shing Diving Equipment Co.
2B Larch Street, Mongkok.
Tel. 2391 4084
Fax: 2789 4638

Kalelainxx, sent you a PM re: an email from Wah Shing including a map to their shop (easy access from the Hong Kong MTR (subway)). Hope everything works out and have a fun holiday season in Hong Kong.

Back
Top Bottom