Dive Shops in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bholbertii

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The wife and I are thinking about going to Cozumel. Can anyone give me some advice about dive shops... who's good ... who to stay away from? Anyone been to Fiesta Americana ... what's that like? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Buffalo Bill

Try a search on the board to find the information you are asking for. These questions are very common. Once you have done your research try asking more pointed questions.

For what it is worth I always dive with Aldora. As to accommodations what is your price range? Kids? Beach? All-inclusive? Villa?

Turtle Diver's on the money but you need to make sure you specify EXACTLY what you are looking for. Dive Shops are retail outlets. Dive Operators sounds like what you want. FA is a great place but depends on what you want. Do a search for Hotels in Coz as well. There are probably as many threads on that as there are on DO's in Coz.

5615mike once bubbled...
Turtle Diver's on the money but you need to make sure you specify EXACTLY what you are looking for. Dive Shops are retail outlets. Dive Operators sounds like what you want.

Technically correct, but didn't we all know what he meant? No one in his/her right mind looks for places on Cozumel to buy gear, do they? ;^)

You and I wouldn't but there people who ask about where to buy gear in Coz. Can you say.........Quickly part you from your money?

I only mentioned this for search. We all knew what he meant but mght not find the number of threads he wanted search for Dive Shop. Just trying to help the guy.

the fiesta americana is a very nice hotel with good food.
papa hogs is the place to dive with.
have a great trip
p.s. if you get a chance go landside and play in the sinotes

5615mike once bubbled...
You and I wouldn't but there people who ask about where to buy gear in Coz. Can you say.........Quickly part you from your money?

Yeah, we set them straight pretty quickly... ;^)

The Fiesta Americana is a nice place and there are many nice places for divers to stay in Coz. Plaza Las Glorias, Brisas, the El Cozumeleno, El Presidente and Caribe Blu (formerly the Lorena) are some other nice resorts you may want to investigate. It would be difficult to go too far wrong with any of them and there are numerous others worthy of consideration. Find one that seems to fit your price range and dive in.

There are also many very reputable and enjoyable dive operations down there each of which seems to attract their own unique following of fans. Aldora, Dive Paradise, Papa Hogs, Dive Palancar, Sand Dollar and Blue Bubble are just a few reputable dive operators that come to mind. My favorite is Aldora for a variety of reasons but all of the operators I've mentioned have their own feel and good reputations. A great time can be had diving with any of the above mentioned operators.

A bit of searching on these boards and on web searches should give you plenty of ideas and opinions to consider. I hope having a few names will help you along with your investigations.

Coz is a great place, enjoy!

We just reurned from a 8 day Mexico trip. While in Cozumel we dove with Chakanaab Sports (sister company of Sand Dollar) located right inside the Park. Jorge was our guide (he's also an instructor). He was great. The dives were easy with a little drift but still very beautiful. We did lots of u/w photos and video clips. Since we had our own BC and regs, only needed tanks and weights, they only charged us $16 each! That included the rental, dive & guide. I would recommend them. Also, I have a friend from the Cancun area just accepted an offer to manage a shop in Cozumel. Once settled I will post that information for anyone interested. Counting the days until we return!

divetoronto once bubbled...
the fiesta americana <snip>

p.s. if you get a chance go landside and play in the sinotes

Don't you mean cenotes?

Sorry.........couldn't resist :devious:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom