Dive Shops: An invitation to participate in a market research study

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Shop owners: I would like to extend an invitation for you – and your customers – to participate in an upcoming anonymous market research study that will be conducted among scuba divers in the US and Canada.

We are offering the opportunity for dive shops to receive summary results of the survey for divers in their local marketplace in exchange for your participation in the study. In order to make sure that we have a large, broad sample of divers in the survey we would like to enlist your assistance in distributing a link to survey to your customers via email, FaceBook, Twitter, etc.

If you agree to participate I'll send you an email that is ready to forward to your customers (or post on FB, Twitter, etc) inviting them to participate. This email will contain a specific link for your area, enabling creation of a subset report of all survey participants from your area. The responses from this survey will undoubtedly provide you with information about divers in your local market that you would not otherwise have access to. While I can't reveal the specific subject matter of the survey until it is ready to go out, I do think you'll find it useful.

This is purely for market research purposes only. The survey is completely anonymous and there will be no attempt to promote or sell anything to you or your customers. The goal is simply to gather the opinions of divers.

You will have the opportunity to preview the survey before you send it out, and therefore you will have the ultimate decision as to whether or not you choose to participate.

There is no cost to you for participation in this research, and you will receive a report containing the aggregate responses of the subset of people from your area who participate. Because the survey is anonymous, you will not receive any individual responses. In exchange for providing this report to you, we simply ask that you distribute an email, FaceBook, Twitter post, etc with the link to the survey to those people who may have opted in to your email newsletter, FaceBook page or other communication.

As an incentive for your customers to participate, all respondents who complete the survey will be entered into a drawing to receive one of ten $25 GiftCardMall.com gift cards. (Recipient can then choose from hundreds of retailers.)

The survey is being developed currently, and I hope to field it by the end of next week or so.

If you are interested in participating, or have any questions regarding the survey, shoot me a PM.

Thanks - Ray

Last edited:
Is the survey geared towards shops or divers? I have a small but loyal group of folks on my e-mail list.

Reactions: RJP
well, I was in, until I saw the "reward". and maybe I am being too closed minded, as I realize EVERYBODY (except me) shops at Amazon.com, one of the latest battles I face on the sales floor is in regards to the inexpensive package/computer, etc., that was found on Amazon. I would like to support this and am open to suggestions.

Jeff

well, I was in, until I saw the "reward". and maybe I am being too closed minded, as I realize EVERYBODY (except me) shops at Amazon.com, one of the latest battles I face on the sales floor is in regards to the inexpensive package/computer, etc., that was found on Amazon. I would like to support this and am open to suggestions.

Jeff

Duh - I wasn't even thinking about that. I'm not married to Amazon... my mind just went right there because it's easy. How about a GiftCardMall.com gift card? Probably a better idea anyway. The recipient can then order whatever gift card they want from hundreds of national companies:

1824.jpg

https://www.giftcardmall.com/brands?Length=5

How about 10 $25 visa gift cards, just so they have the choice of walking into the LDS and buying what is right in front of them. Amazing how us internet savvy folk go right for Amazon.com, isn't it? :)

A couple of Christmas' ago Amazon ran a special that if you scanned a product, while in a store, they would give you an extra 5% discount. I found that to be bad form. I realize I may be a bit shortsighted and I try to keep my irrational bias to myself.

How about 10 $25 visa gift cards, just so they have the choice of walking into the LDS and buying what is right in front of them. Amazing how us internet savvy folk go right for Amazon.com, isn't it? :)

The visa cards have a $5.95 fee... so $25 will cost me $31.95 F*** that.

Retailer (and GiftCardMall.com) gift cards have no fee... so $25 will cost me $25.

RJP,

Send me the survey to review and if I like what I see I will pony up the $31.95. This way you can send out gift cards that can be used in brick & mortor stores since we all know that the vast majority of retail purchases are conducted in brick & mortor stores.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom