Dive shop to take for Cathedrals dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keith.M

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone. I will be back on Maui from 9/24 - 10/11. I will be staying and diving mostly out of Kehei. I will probably be diving with Ed Robinson but may try Mike Severns boat as well. But meeting them at the boat ramp at 5:45 is a bit early. ;-)

I also do some shore dives as well so if anyone wants to buddy up, I am very open to that.

I am planning on diving Lanai (Cathedrals at least one dive) andwonder who all the dive ops are that do that. 10/9 is the date I am looking to do that dive as I will be spending the last three days in Lahaina.

Thanks.

Without a doubt, Extended Horizons for any dive needs up north. They're the best charter I've experienced to data: professional, efficient, fun, informational and personal. I did Cathedrals with them and also used them for renting equipment for shore dives. Can't say enough good things about them. They're highly recommended on this site.

If you do Molokini crater, make sure you get to back side. I did 'not' the back side and it wasn't anything special.

I used Extended Horizons for several trips to Lanai in April. They had a fun boat, great crew and a real emphasis on natural history and marine conservation. I would use them again.

Another option would be Lahaina Divers but I'd probably pick Extended Horizons also.
I'm pretty sure I dove 1st Cathedral with Lahatma years ago - no complaints.

The other don't miss when in Lahaina is Mala Per. It's actually not too far from Extended Horizons and I believe they guide there,

I've dived Cathedrals with both Lahaina Divers and Extended Horizons. Both are excellent dive ops, but my preference is EH.

I went with Lahaina Divers in June. I was staying at the Best Western right next to the dock so I only had to walk about 50 yards to get to the boat. They go to the Cathedrals every other day.

Extended Horizons leaves from Mala Wharf. They go to the Cathedrals every day except Sunday. I didn't dive with them only because I was closer to Lahaina Divers.

Definitely consider a shore dive a Mala Wharf. It was my favorite dive on Maui (and only cost was a tank rental).

Aloha

I recommend Dive Maui / Hawaiian Rafting Adventures. Www.goscubadivemaui.com. They are “FANTASTIC “. Small groups and very personalized. I dive with them every chance I get and always recommend my customers to them. Tell them Scuba Steve sent you. If your interested in a guided scooter or shore dive give me a shout, Check out my website www.mauidiveconnection.com

Mahalo
Scuba Steve
Maui Dive Connection
Www.mauidiveconnection.com

I second this suggestion. Memorable dive.

(Definitely consider a shore dive a Mala Wharf. It was my favorite dive on Maui (and only cost was a tank rental).[/QUOTE])

Thank you all for your responses! Much appreciated.
I have not dived with Extended Horizons before and I like the recommendations above. I have dived with Lahaina Divers before, their boats are pretty big. Which I would think makes them slower. The EH boat is much more like Ed Robinsons or Mike Severns boats out of Kehei.

Do they typically do one of the Cathedrals on each trip?

I will check out Dive Maui as well.

As far as shore diving on that side, I have done the Mala pier several times. Not deep, long dives, go slow and see a lot. I have also dived the Old Airport as well. Have not done Black Rock.

I will be in Kehei for 14 days so most of my diving will be done down there. Anyone interested in doing some shore dives, let me know!

I have done the back wall many times. I do also like the site Reef's End Deep off of Molokini.

Not too far south of Kehei is a good shore dive (my second favorite on Maui) at Makena Landing. A bit of a swim to the reef, but not bad. Shallow like Mala. Bubble cave is there and overhangs with sleeping sharks and turtles. Avoid this one on the weekends. The parking lot fills up very early.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom