Dive Shop survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew Powers

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
***UPDATED WITH NEW & IMPROVED SURVEY MONKEY LINK***

Hey everybody.

I'm currently in the process of starting a business with a 3-fold mission:

1.) Help divers find what they need
2.) Help local dive shops compete against Big Scuba,
3.) Have fun and look good while doing 1 & 2

I'm not going to lie: I don't know what dive shops want or need to help them grow their business (or if they really want to). I'd rather not shove advertisements down people's throats for services they will never use.

I'm just a regular diver who loves his dive shop and wants others to do the same.

I figured I would start with a survey to get the ball rolling. If you are a dive shop owner/manager or work for a dive shop, could you spare 5 minutes and complete this survey? I would greatly appreciate it!

Dive Shop Survey

Last edited:
I'm not going to lie: I don't know what dive shops want or need to help them grow their business (or if they really want to). I'd rather not shove advertisements down people's throats for services they will never use.

Might you consider updating your website to reflect this truth. At the moment it advertises you are the #1 resource for dive shops. I'm not seeing the reality of this claim.

Cameron

I'm not sure "MyScubaFinder: We don't know what the f we're doing yet" will be a huge seller, but I get your point.

It's placeholder language. I'll update it when I have more direction

You kidding right? That's an awful survey. Use Survey Monkey or multiple choice inputs if you want response. I will not waste my time on this.Poor marketing effort to start.

You kidding right? That's an awful survey. Use Survey Monkey or multiple choice inputs if you want response. I will not waste my time on this.Poor marketing effort to start.
I'm sorry if the survey is not flashy enough for you. It's not marketing, it's starting a dialogue on how we can help people.

Survey monkey limits me to 100 replies, and I was hoping to get more than that.

OK I give in. I created a survey via Survey Monkey. I hope everyone finds it less burdensome than the previous one.

Dive Shop Survey

Might you consider updating your website to reflect this truth. At the moment it advertises you are the #1 resource for dive shops. I'm not seeing the reality of this claim.

Cameron
Removed. Thanks for the suggestion

Who is “Big Scuba”?
Big Scuba is any dive shop that doesn't fit the small-to-medium business category. If you've ever had anyone visit your shop, take pictures of your gear, then go home and shop for a better price, you know who I'm talking about.

I don't have anything against those businesses. They play an important part in the industry. I'm just trying to focus my efforts on helping the small guy. If you have shareholders, you probably don't need my help

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom