Dive shop recommendations that do boat dives.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ontwreckdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My non diving wife and I just booked our first trip to Curacao and are staying at Sunscape. I won't use Ocean Encounters (Sunscape on site shop )because they have a Dolphin prison and run dives to it, I have contacted Caribbean Sea Sports (Dreams on site shop) but any recommendations for dive shops that do boat dives would be appreciated.

My non diving wife and I just booked our first trip to Curacao and are staying at Sunscape. I won't use Ocean Encounters (Sunscape on site shop )because they have a Dolphin prison and run dives to it, I have contacted Caribbean Sea Sports (Dreams on site shop) but any recommendations for dive shops that do boat dives would be appreciated.
Quite a few dive operators there offer boat diving via a charter service. There are at least 2 operators very near where you will be that can hook you up. Or you can book directly with a dedicated boat dive operation…

I dove with Ocean Encounters for a month in 2021, and never once was asked about, or taken to, any dolphin dives. I did not know they even offered a dolphin dive, and have nothing but high praise for the way they ran dives over a wide range of dive sites. Of course I am not trying to talk you into you using them, but Dreams is a pretty long way from Sunscape, and never saw one of their boats at the Sunscape boat ramp. If you like shore dives, The Dive Bus is about a 5 minute walk from the Sunscape's front door, out the gate, turn left and across the street just past the end of Sunscape's property. You will love diving with them.

For boat dives use divechartercuracao. Some other companies use them as well (like dive bus, rebel divers etc). They go to the best boat spots on the island (east and west coast). Its a rib, so thats something you have to be ok with.

I have contacted Caribbean Sea Sports (Dreams on site shop) but any recommendations for dive shops that do boat dives would be appreciated.
I was in Curacao (staying at the Marriott Resort) for a long weekend at the end of October with my non-diving wife. After researching and emailing several shops, I ended up going with Caribbean Sea Sports, and was happy with them. I did one day of shore dives and one day of boat dives with them (both morning), and one afternoon my wife and I went on their snorkel with turtles island tour -- which was a lot of fun. They were helpful with my wife, who has some health conditions that require some assistance getting in and out of the water.

Unlike many dive ops they were very good with communication -- sending detailed emails, which I prefer rather than calls during the work day. If you only want boat dives, I would double check with them their schedule -- I get the feeling they sometimes alternate boat dives and shore dives depending on various circumstances.

my wife and I spent a week at Sunscape diving with Ocean Encounters in early December. We were also never offered, or even heard of, any of these dolphin prison dives you speak of. We were very pleased with the service we received, the boats are spacious and well laid out, had no trouble getting din tanks, and loved their very liberal shore diving policies. The fact extra tanks for shore diving are included on days you boat dive with them was excellent. I can't imagine staying at Sunscapes and not diving with them. We're headed back in May, and staying there again. Not for the resort at all, which is just okay, but for the proximity to OE and how easy they make it all. Just my opinion, but we had absolutely no complaints about the dive OP at all. George and the rest of the team were all super...

Thanks for the replies. I have emailed Caribbean Sea Sports & Dive Charter Curacao. I will see how that goes and see if I need to email any other shops.

I dove with Ocean Encounters for a month in 2021, and never once was asked about, or taken to, any dolphin dives. I did not know they even offered a dolphin dive, and have nothing but high praise for the way they ran dives over a wide range of dive sites. Of course I am not trying to talk you into you using them, but Dreams is a pretty long way from Sunscape, and never saw one of their boats at the Sunscape boat ramp. If you like shore dives, The Dive Bus is about a 5 minute walk from the Sunscape's front door, out the gate, turn left and across the street just past the end of Sunscape's property. You will love diving with them.

my wife and I spent a week at Sunscape diving with Ocean Encounters in early December. We were also never offered, or even heard of, any of these dolphin prison dives you speak of. We were very pleased with the service we received, the boats are spacious and well laid out, had no trouble getting din tanks, and loved their very liberal shore diving policies. The fact extra tanks for shore diving are included on days you boat dive with them was excellent. I can't imagine staying at Sunscapes and not diving with them. We're headed back in May, and staying there again. Not for the resort at all, which is just okay, but for the proximity to OE and how easy they make it all. Just my opinion, but we had absolutely no complaints about the dive OP at all. George and the rest of the team were all super...
Sorry, I don't how to do the multi quote reply thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom