dive shop recomendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MACinMO

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
heading for Cancun in May, can anyone recomend a dive shop for both reef and cenote dives? Would i be better off using two different dive shops? Any shops or areas i should steer clear of? we will be staying at the El Dorado Sea Side which is about 30 miles or so south of Playa de Carmen, not really looking to venture into cancun proper so an Akumal or Playa location would be best.

I am a newbie diver and just got back from Playa del carmen and did my first two dives at Dressel Divers right by the Iberostar Paraiso del Mar hotel after being ceritified about 2 years ago in Wisconsin. I personally thought the team of divers where excellent. I can't go comparing any other dive shops obviously. But I do know that I was a little nervous and they did everything to make me feel at ease and secure. They would not let me do a regular dive until they checked me out with an instructor and his two students. very responsible I thought. Then in the afternoon they let me do a regular dive with other certified divers. Eric was one instructor who was very professional and caring.

There has been some negative feedback on this shop in the past, but I do know they were very good to me a week ago.

I used Dive Aventuras in Puerto Aventuras a couple of years ago for both ocean and Cenote diving, and I thought they did a good job.

http://www.diveaventuras.com/

Howdy, Mac. Welcome to the board!

I strongly recommend Phantom Divers in Playa del Carmen. www.phantomdivers.com
I just got my OW with them over New Years and hope to dive with them again. They also offer cenote (cave) packages as well.

Happy diving!

Mike

PS: Do you need a translator? I'm fluent in Spanish!

MACinMO:
heading for Cancun in May, can anyone recomend a dive shop for both reef and cenote dives? Would i be better off using two different dive shops? Any shops or areas i should steer clear of? we will be staying at the El Dorado Sea Side which is about 30 miles or so south of Playa de Carmen, not really looking to venture into cancun proper so an Akumal or Playa location would be best.
I would highly recommend Protec in Playa Del Carmen. Very well run operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom