Dive Shop Near Aulani?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are joining some friends for a trip to Aulani (the Disney resort) next year. The destination was picked by our friend who is celebrating her birthday that week and has a couple of kids - they will be 4 & 2 years old - so we don't have the ability to make a change in the accommodations.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good dive shop (small groups divided by experience, ect) convenient to this area of Oahu?

Do any of them pick up at the hotel? (Parking is $37 a day so trying to avoid that if possible.)

Thanks all!

I don't remember there being any dive shops on that side. But talk to Gabe at Kaimana divers. If they are doing a dive on the mani, or west side, you are on the way and they can pick you up.

Last year I did dives with an outfit called Hawaii Nautical. Their free shuttle picked me up at Aulani around 8:15 AM and dropped me off around 12:30 PM. The first dive was at the Mahi shipwreck (about 90' depth). The second dive was on a 30'-35' reef. Very enjoyable dives. The groups were divided up by experience (somewhat). It was basically a follow the DM dive, but dive buddies were allowed to wander off to other areas of the ship during the dive. I have no complaints about them whatsoever.

They'll also pick up several snorkelers, but those folks will end up on a different boat.

Here's what we wound up doing, for anyone who may search in the future -

Diving at Aulani -

Just wanted to report back to the group that we had a pretty good experience with Underwater Oahu dive shop this week with 3 days of diving. They were a relatively unknown shop, but there aren't a lot of options and I knew I didn't want to dive with Hawaiian Nautical so we took the chance.

We did 6 dives - all unique sites. 3 wrecks, 3 reefs. Small groups - 5-6 dives and no beginners. Tanks were full. We brought our own gear, but the rental gear we saw looked to be newer and no divers had gear issue. They kept our gear between dives so we didn't have to lug it back and forth. One great dive master and one that we didn't feel was up to our standard, but we had 2 great sites that day so really it was fine day anyway.

Meeting time is 8:00 am about 25 minutes north of the resort. Two days we were back on the resort between 2-3 pm (including stopping for lunch on the way home) and once between 1-2 pm because our dive sites were closer to the harbor.

Prices were very reasonable for Hawaii at $109 for 2 tanks. Don't miss Aloha Poke on the way home for great poke bowls under $10!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom