Dive Saturday Feb. 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kalekainxx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone interested in a simple dive at whytecliff or porteau this saturday morning? Say around 8am?

I'm interested but will have to let you know later this week if I can fit it in.

I just bought a new camera housing and need to do a flood test on it before I leave on a dive trip later this month so a local dive this weekend would be perfect.

Not this weekend as I have already planned a dive with a friend. However, I'm up for a dive most weekends, maybe even a night dive at whytecliff on a weeknight?

kazinvan:
Not this weekend as I have already planned a dive with a friend. However, I'm up for a dive most weekends, maybe even a night dive at whytecliff on a weeknight?

Yeah sure, wednesday nights are usually good for me.

8am? Damn. From White Rock that means I'd have to be up and out of my house by about 7. I think I'll still be in bed.

It may not be necessary to nail the 8:30am slack on Saturday. You could probably do a dive as late as 11am.

That morning the tidal exchange is only a bit more than one foot up until 12:30 when it will really start to rip. I don't dive Whytecliff a lot so maybe regulars can chime in but I would expect that as long as you are out of the water by noon I doubt you would feel much current.

It's a personal choice but I would suggest that doing a dive at 8am when you and/or your buddy might be really tired would create more of a risk level than having to deal with a slight current. Unless you and your buddy are morning types who like to get up with the sun.

I would love to, but my parents are arriving Friday night so I can't just take off on them. For future reference, 7am or 8am dives would work well for me. Night dives during the week are great as well.

Bill.

I have dove Whytecliff durring tide movements and there really isn't that much current to worry about. It's fairly sheltered, so you should be ok.

Also, I have Tuesday, Feb. 15th off in case anyone wants to go for a dive. Let me know.

Mike

kazinvan:
I have dove Whytecliff durring tide movements and there really isn't that much current to worry about. It's fairly sheltered, so you should be ok.

Also, I have Tuesday, Feb. 15th off in case anyone wants to go for a dive. Let me know.

Mike

I'm busy during the day, but i wouldn't mind a night dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom