Dive Rite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jrock1062

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone dive with a transpac ?? I was looking at buying a Transpac the other day and it would be great if i could get some feed back on the BC. Thanks in advance for all the help

I have been diving mine for 9 years and over a thousand dives! I service it every years and it is showing some wear its been around the world a couple times! Easy to use and it will do doubles and side mount! I will not dive with anything else unless OMS wants to out fit me:wink: All in all one of the best and highly customizable! Anything else you would like to know? And yes I use a crotch strap!

I wanted to get a Transpac, but it would not accept a backplate. I am a cold water 48-52F recreational diver and needed extra weight. I got a TransPlate instead. If they ever make a Transpac with backplate, I will buy one. Dive Rite has high quality, well thought out and well engineered products. They make different sizes for a more "custom" fit. Dive Rite Express has videos and good information on the Transpac.

The stainless steel backplate is to get the weight over the lung area and off of the belt. Proper trim makes for a more enjoyable diving experience. If interest click on my name to see what I use.

you can use a transpac and cold water. you just need the 32lb weight pockets, or you can dive single steel tanks.

but i dive a transpac for singles and love it, just started using it with LP85s as doubles and works good so far.

I got the Nomad system so I can use one system for everything, singles, doubles & sidemount.

Also can probably get you good a deal on one, I am a DR dealer located in FL, PM me if interested.

I wanted to get a Transpac, but it would not accept a backplate. I am a cold water 48-52F recreational diver and needed extra weight. I got a TransPlate instead. If they ever make a Transpac with backplate, I will buy one. Dive Rite has high quality, well thought out and well engineered products. They make different sizes for a more "custom" fit. Dive Rite Express has videos and good information on the Transpac.

The stainless steel backplate is to get the weight over the lung area and off of the belt. Proper trim makes for a more enjoyable diving experience. If interest click on my name to see what I use.

A TransPlate basically is a TransPac harness on a backplate.

What exactly are you looking for?

I give the Transpac a thumbs up. After a lot of research and asking questions I went with one about 5 years ago and have had zero issues with it. I have recently stream lined it a bit by removing the padding on the waste because I do not need it, I removed a few d-rings I never used and I went to a smaller wing in an effort to make a very light vacation BC. One of the main reasons I converted to a vacation BC because I just bought a drysuit and went with a BP/W to put some weight on my back instead of in pockets and on my hip.

A TransPlate basically is a TransPac harness on a backplate.

What exactly are you looking for?

We discussed this before I think. A Transpac type harness that can accept a BP. For hiking steep trails. The Transpac has a hip belt same as a backpack for the Sierras which distributes the weight to your hips off of your shoulders. I want the same quality, fit, and comfort as the Transpac, but with a BP. I may go Zeagle.

Hey, nice flaming chick. Why is everyone listed as hot chick.

Hey, nice flaming chick. Why is everyone listed as hot chick.

I'm sure it's another stupid "theme" they are doing for April Fools day. **yawn**

In related to topic, useful info, .... check out Dive Sports (Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment. )

Phil had a great 'combo' price on these when I checked on them. (The price he gave was over the phone... I don't think he can list a lower price on his website per dive rites rules. So best to call him...)

IMHO the Zeagle isn't even close to being in the same league as a DR transpac. The versatility of the TP can't be beat. I use mine with a travel wing when travelling (duh) and a rec wing at other times. I have dove it with dbls numerous times and I have almost worn it out after about 10 years and a bunch of dives, almost, not quite yet, it' still has a few more dives in it..........

You can have my Zeagle Ranger as I just ordered a Transpac with Oxycheq Mach V Signatrure wing. Unless you are diving doubles the Ranger sucks. If diving doubles then go with BP/W. Either way Ranger sucks. I guess I just blew my sale of my Zeagle Ranger...lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom