Dive Rite XT Steel Fin Strap Installation Tip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maxpcf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Couldn't find anything about installing the new straps googling this myself so I decided to post what I found in order to help anyone else installing new steel straps. (My old plastic buckle began to broke)

First off this video is great for taking the buckle off: Getting the retaining block to come off was much more difficult for me than in the video, partially because I feel debris/years of use had gooed it in place and I ended up to having to be much more forceful than him. (But who cares if you damage it if you're not going to use it again).

The video also doesn't discuss how to install the new steel strap.

Affixing it is pretty easy, same as the old one, but you need to install an additional piece with the use of pliers to secure it in place. And then install the C- Clip.

I've attached two photos showing where the piece goes as well as how to angle your pliers. (The arrows indicate the direction of force you should be applying to the piece, both compressing it and pushing it downward into the buckle).

You install the piece after attaching the buckle to the fins, the first picture is showing what you're going to do without the fin because I couldn't hold everything.

The second picture shows proper placement on the fins, just use the plier as shown in the first photo.

I hope this helps, if I'm doing this wrong or if anyone knows of a better way please feel free to comment.

Attachments

• DRXTSStrapsInstallation.jpg
    DRXTSStrapsInstallation.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 61
  • DRXTSStrapsInstallation2.jpg
    DRXTSStrapsInstallation2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 46

Back
Top Bottom