Dive Rite vs Scubapro MK 17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Am I the only one who prefers Dive Rite over Scubapro MK-17? If anyone has used both which would be your preferred one?

Am I the only one who prefers Dive Rite over Scubapro MK-17? If anyone has used both which would be your preferred one?

Given the popularity of the dive rite brand, lots of people purchase them. Thats a pretty clear indicator of preference.

If they both cost 10$ I'd pick the mk17 every time. Which dive rite reg are you referring to?

I'm of the opinion Scubapro has a higher standard of quality control and a proven track record of quality manufacturing. This opinion is entirely conjecture.

Put maybe 80 dives on various dive rite regs and a couple hundred on a friend's mk17. However, nothing on the dives particularly challenging which any decent 1st stage can't perform well in.

Cameron

Nowadays there is only one DR reg which is the XT right? MK-17 is also Tusa RS-460 right?

Nowadays there is only one DR reg which is the XT right? MK-17 is also Tusa RS-460 right?

I thought that the Tusa RS-460 is actually a Scuba Pro MK16/R395 regulator. Didn't Tusa buy the MK16 series from SP?. CMIIW.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom