Dive Rite Transpac survives Tornado....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frostologist

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The April 27th Tornado that came through Tuscaloosa directly hit Fire Station 4 in Tuscaloosa. This is my station. My dive gear was in the engine room drying from a recent trip to the Gulf. The station was destroyed and all of our personal vehicles were totaled. My dive gear was completely gone. 4 days later I found my bc in a debris pile 1 block from the station!!!! It has looked better!!! Unfortunately the only other items I found were 1 boot, 2 busted weight pouches and a beanie! I knew I should have written down all of my dives from my computers log!! Luckily all of us in the station were unharmed.

Attachments

• photo5.JPG
    photo5.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 136
  • photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 127
That is wild!

The April 27th Tornado that came through Tuscaloosa directly hit Fire Station 4 in Tuscaloosa. This is my station. My dive gear was in the engine room drying from a recent trip to the Gulf. The station was destroyed and all of our personal vehicles were totaled. My dive gear was completely gone. 4 days later I found my bc in a debris pile 1 block from the station!!!! It has looked better!!! Unfortunately the only other items I found were 1 boot, 2 busted weight pouches and a beanie! I knew I should have written down all of my dives from my computers log!! Luckily all of us in the station were unharmed.

Wow, that puts a whole new spin on the phrase "blowing the dust off!". PM me your address and rig details and we'll send you a new one. Save that one for posterity...we don't want you diving a tornado-whipped BC, although it is most likely just fine!

Cheers,
Kathleen

Back
Top Bottom