Dive rite transpac harness w/rec wing and weight pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tsbeene

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
New,never been wet,stored in climate controled equipment room.Size small.Asking $400.I'm at work, will post pics later

size small ,color red, its two years old,i won at a underwater scavenger hunt and never got around to selling it .i cant use it .i looked it up on dive rite site,it retailed for over $800,

---------- Post added December 3rd, 2012 at 10:18 AM ----------

i will post pics tonight !

photo[1].jpgsecuredownload.jpg

i realize this is a tech BC , but there has to be someone out there who can use it.
is there a problem with this model i'm not aware of ? recall ?
do i need to just throw it out back and let my dog play with it ?

Lets see... You have a total of seven post on this forum, its a small, and you got it for free... I will give 150.00 for it! lee

The predominant mindset here on the board is for a hard backplate with single piece harness.
Sidemount divers are more likely to use a transpac, but more often they will then go for an actual sidemount dedicated BC.

You'll have more luck breaking it up and selling the pieces separately. Make it easy on your readers too; don't string all your info into one paragraph, bullet lists under each item help.

This is what I found to be helpful as a buyer and as a seller. You already did some of this, but I'll just list it anyway.

Let us know the
- carrying capacity of the weight pockets (each, not added together)
- Lift capacity of the wing
- why you're selling
- how old the items are
- new or used
- how many dives are on it
- price (does it include or not include shipping/paypal fees)
- payment methods

And post good pictures. Think about what details people would want to see on the item.
For Diverite wings, people often want to see what type of elbow connection is on it and how long the corrugated hose is.
Weight pockets, show the release system. One open and one closed can be very helpful, but not always necessary.
Sometimes you can show too much and clutter the photo.
Your pictures were perfect, I wouldn't change them as long as you add a description of how the weight pockets release.

DON'T
- label how someone might use it.(ie. you can dive this with doubles and a stage etc etc)
- call it a tech BC (plenty recreational divers use this type of BC)
- use opinion statements like "this is a perfect BC for warm water diving!" (Salesman statements are a deterrent for most)
- break up your posts with "I'll post pics later" | "I'll find the lift capacity later and post it below" (you'll lose your audience's interest, and might deter a buyer before you post later)
- tell people how much you got it for (this more often than not comes back to bite you; I only give this info if selling to friends)

Doing any of the don't s could give a buyer the opinion that you're a person who doesn't fully understand the gear you're selling or just make readers lose interest.

Here on the board: the wing and weight pockets will probably sell easily. The Transpac you'll have more luck on ebay; as for the right price it's just luck of who ever is searching at a given time.

If you decide to give it another shot I would start a new post. Since no one asked for you to break the unit up already I'm assuming no one is currently looking for any of these pieces, so you may have to hold onto it until after the new years. Just keep it in good condition until then.

Last edited:
make it $200, you pay shipping and related charges and its yours !!!

---------- Post added December 19th, 2012 at 08:17 AM ----------

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom