Dive Rite Nitek Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

burnt3d

Reaction score
hi- does anyone on this list own this computer?? i just ordered one today and was wondering if they liked it. likes?? dislikes?? suggestions for use?? tim

Just got one and I like it alot! Have only used it for 2 dives so far, but I can't find any faults with it (other than maybe it would be nice if they made a guard for it along the lines of the NiTek3).

I own a Nitek 1 and a Nitek 3 and bought a Nitek for my girlfriend when they first came out. We log over 150 dives a year in environments from deep wrecks and caves to lakes and quarries and they work extremely well. By some accounts, they are conservative but better safe than sorry. If you want to dive more aggressively than these computers, you should be ripping your own tables and diving run-times anyway. Not relying on a computer.

Marc

I've put about 20 dives on a Nitek I purchased 3 weeks ago. I put it into deco every time to compare to my other computers. It's conservative compared to Aeris, but liberal compared to Uwatec and Vyper. The programming is super easy and computer seems reliable so far, will know better after next 100 or so. The only complaint I have is cluttering of numbers. It takes a little getting used to where everything is and what it's for. Thumbs up.

I have a Nitek Duo and really only have 2 complaints.

1. The FO2 is set at 1.4 for gas 1 and 1.6 for gas 2. I've had the alarm go off here and there when reaching 1.4..... I'd like to be able to set it to 1.5

2. The computer doesn't log very much, just your depth with respect to time. Many other computers keep your asent rate, your NDL, deco remaining, FO2 etc.

burnt3d:
hi- does anyone on this list own this computer?? i just ordered one today and was wondering if they liked it. likes?? dislikes?? suggestions for use?? tim

LOL. Usually people ask these kinds of questions *before* they order stuff. :)

R..

I Have the Nitek Duo and love the large no#s easy to read and I like the mix deco gas, I run my own dive tables and use a timer too,
One thing the Duos have had a mass failure from what I think a water leak in the push button was the cause of the failure as one guy took his apart after it failed , They say the new units this has been fixed, they have been good on replacement.
Mine has not died yet so all in all I like mine!
Brad

I am now just waiting on my third replacement Duo....first one lasted about 150 dives then for no reason just started reading depths incorrectly,,,,the replacement last just 21 dives till the select buttom quite working,,,so just waiting on the third one.....not real impressed. Considering a Cochren as my new primary and using the Duo as a backup unit along with my Helix bter..

Back
Top Bottom