Dive rite lx20+ beam shots - WANTED!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

batdiver_82

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I am in the game for buying my first proper primary light - just finished intro to tec and going towards deco pro and advanced nitrox. Until now I have got two sofirn sd05 but in the lakes around here, especially when it is a bit silty it has a too broad beam and the output fades pretty quick. At the moment dive-times are around 90 mins - water temperatures go down to 4°C in the winter.
Dive rite is not easily accessible in Europe and returns are quite costly - so it would be cool if your could post some beam-shots from your dives or outside the water.... I have also looked at the bigblue vtl4200p, which i have read hasn't got constant output but the video-option which seems pretty cool too. What are your opinions?
Thanks in advance.

There are plenty of excellent European manufacturers:

Ammonite
Thor
Nanite
TillyTec
Tecline
OceanEx
Scaleo
Gralmarine
Seaya

I'm sure I've missed a few...

Diverite make great lights, such as the lx20, but you may wish to investigate local options as well. Are you after a canister light or cordless?

Many comments on this board about Bigblue lights seem negative: feel free to use the search function.

Regards
Rohan.

Thanks for your reply, I am after a cordless light max €700; I've also had a look at the tillytec-lights - but I couldn't find any output-tables/charts. also finnsub finnlight fl2500 Looks quite good one paper - but I would prefer to bei able to Change the batteries myself.

Uploaded two videos for you (the link will die in 3 days)

I am the diver in front with lx20+ on full brightness

Back
Top Bottom