Dive rite cx1 switch problem knot working)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funcionando

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a dive rite cx1. It's a great light but in less than a year the push button is rusty (I clean it every time I get out of the water) and finally it has stopped working (it lights up when I use a clip to make contact)
Any hint to solve it before sending it back?
Thanks in advance.

I recommend you reach out to Dive Rite directly and ask if there is a local dealer--not sure it would make sense to send it back to Florida from Madrid. The CX1 is a great light, but I believe it has more electronics in the tail than most Dive Rite lights, and any design can have problems. They could help you connect to a local dealer who could take a look, and if something does have to be mailed back, if it's just the tailcap that saves you a lot vs. mailing the body and battery.

Dive Rite is one of many companies with amazing customer service, I'm sure they will take care of you.

I've the same light (rear button version), I think the spring (and maybe the contacts) could become rusted (hear th. I'd contact dive-rite for a service manual (to clean the contacts/replace the spring) or to ask for a replacement.

Thanks for your replies. I've contacted the customer service in Spain. I will send them the torch to see what happened.
Thank for your interest

Has it stopped going in and out? Is it that it's stuck or sticky? Is that it has stopped returning to the out position?
Not sure I understand getting it to work with a clip.
It goes in and out with difficuties but after putting some lubricant it goes well bur it doesn't make contact properly.
The clip thing is to (without the back of the torch you contact the back of the battery with the edge of the torch (not painted part) so that it makes contact and see if the led works.
Does it make any sense?

It goes in and out with difficuties but after putting some lubricant it goes well bur it doesn't make contact properly.
The clip thing is to (without the back of the torch you contact the back of the battery with the edge of the torch (not painted part) so that it makes contact and see if the led works.
Does it make any sense?
Yes, I think I understand.
Stand it upright, lens to the ground and fill the switch with WD40. Let it soak. Move it in and out, but let it soak. Hopefully that will remove the corrosion. I now do this after dives.
Remember also that you have to keep it pressed for a second or two for it to switch on.

Yes, I think I understand.
Stand it upright, lens to the ground and fill the switch with WD40. Let it soak. Move it in and out, but let it soak. Hopefully that will remove the corrosion. I now do this after dives.
Remember also that you have to keep it pressed for a second or two for it to switch on.
I've already done that to loosen it up and has worked half way. The switch now works 50% of the times but its not consistant. I think it's too corroded or something else. But thanks! I'll send it to dive rite so they can replace it hopefully.

Did you get this resolved? I am in the U.K. and the switch has gone on my cx1 it is moving just but not doing anything. Can you just buy a new rear end?

I have contacted dive rite and hopeful they will fix it but am away in Malta from Thursday so will be picking up another light tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom