Dive Rite Classic Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fast97rs

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey everyone.....

selling my last extra wing... Dive Rite Classic Wing.

3m33of3l55Qf5P95S09a38286791858ac1cd5.jpg

$175 obo

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY HE RIPPED ME OFF FOR 443.00

This rig http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cl...ms/306440-halcyon-eclipse-dive-rite-bp-w.html is not what he advertised. It is an aluminum plate, pioneer wing, no single tank adapter, no weighted single tank adapter, no LP inflator hose ect..ect..it is out of a rental line with rental serial numbers on the plate and the crotch strap. The unit shipped 10 days after promised after continual lies blaming other people for him not shipping it. When it came it is in HORRIBLE condition, the aluminum backplate (not stainless) has the worst corrosion I have seen on any piece of dive equipment in my life.

And there is not question as to his intent. He is directly avoiding my emails as he has been here on the board and has responded to my paypal complaint which cannot help me because paypal cannot verify the quality of the product I received. I asked for a 100.00 refund so the I could clean this thing up and purchase the Single tank adapter that I need to dive this thing and I would be happy, this guy could not even respond to that!

Robert

Robert,

You are the only person that has EVER complained about a product I have sold.

1) WHAT dive operation uses Halcyon products in their rental gear?!?!?! I'd LOVE to find that operation if they are still in business... so saying that its off a rental line is moot. Thats BS and you know it.

2) I sold you the rig at $360+shipping. I serviced it out of pocket, and got a NEW inflator hose, and dump vavles out of pocket... even though it was sold already as is... because I sold it to you AFTER the recall and felt bad because I didn't know about it. Even if what you say is true... you got a basic rig for $360 that sells in the $600 range.... asking me to TRUST YOU and refund you $100 because someone could have gotten into the shipment and taken parts off of it would have brought the sale price down to $260.... c'mon..... I'm no fool. People do what you just did all the time. I give you the benefit of the doubt, but you didn't want insurance on the shipping. Maybee thats why it got there even later? I don't know what to tell you... I know what I shipped.... i don't know what you got, but thats between you and Fed-Ex.

3) South Beach Divers WITNESSED AND CAN VERIFY the condition and contents of the rig as "VERY GOOD" as they serviced, boxed, and shipped it for me. They are stand up guys and I sat there chatting with them for 20 minutes as the Fed-Ex guy got there and took the package. So don't even think about blaming them.

4) Yes... the shipping was late. What can I do? I left on a trip and hoped that my brother could sort it all out for me. He gave the wrong gear to the wrong people locally, and I had to sort that out when I got back. AS SOON as I got back you had a tracking number and the gear was on the way. I OFFERED YOU A FULL REFUND SINCE IT WAS LATE AND I COULDN'T CONTACT HIM.

5) I can not deal with 5 emails a day from you claiming the same thing. I know what I sent you... all I could do is file with Fed-Ex and see what they told me. I have other priorities. When you took it upon yourself to file a complaint with Pay-Pal you escalated the issue. You wanted THEM to resolve the issue rather then giving me a chance to do so. You gave me less then 6 hours.... thats fine. They resolved it. Now you are unhappy with their verdict. How is that my fault? :idk:

so... in summary for the lazy....

I sent you the gear late, but offered you a full refund, which you declined. I serviced and put new parts on the gear out of pocket before I boxed and sent it with witnesses present who stated that it was in "very good" condition.

You got the gear and said that it was missing parts, that it was off a "rental line," and in poor condition after you even said it was in good condition from the pictures.

So.... im supposed to ignore ALL that i know to be true, go on your word, and refund you $100 (bringing the final sale price to $260).... even after Pay-Pal investigated the matter and found there to be no substance to your grievance against me... just to make you happy?

Sorry bud.... try that trick on some other sucker.

Robert,

You are the only person that has EVER complained about a product I have sold.

1) WHAT dive operation uses Halcyon products in their rental gear?!?!?! I'd LOVE to find that operation if they are still in business... so saying that its off a rental line is moot. Thats BS and you know it.

2) I sold you the rig at $360+shipping. I serviced it out of pocket, and got a NEW inflator hose, and dump vavles out of pocket... even though it was sold already as is... because I sold it to you AFTER the recall and felt bad because I didn't know about it. Even if what you say is true... you got a basic rig for $360 that sells in the $600 range.... asking me to TRUST YOU and refund you $100 because someone could have gotten into the shipment and taken parts off of it would have brought the sale price down to $260.... c'mon..... I'm no fool. People do what you just did all the time. I give you the benefit of the doubt, but you didn't want insurance on the shipping. Maybee thats why it got there even later? I don't know what to tell you... I know what I shipped.... i don't know what you got, but thats between you and Fed-Ex.

3) South Beach Divers WITNESSED AND CAN VERIFY the condition and contents of the rig as "VERY GOOD" as they serviced, boxed, and shipped it for me. They are stand up guys and I sat there chatting with them for 20 minutes as the Fed-Ex guy got there and took the package. So don't even think about blaming them.

4) Yes... the shipping was late. What can I do? I left on a trip and hoped that my brother could sort it all out for me. He gave the wrong gear to the wrong people locally, and I had to sort that out when I got back. AS SOON as I got back you had a tracking number and the gear was on the way. I OFFERED YOU A FULL REFUND SINCE IT WAS LATE AND I COULDN'T CONTACT HIM.

5) I can not deal with 5 emails a day from you claiming the same thing. I know what I sent you... all I could do is file with Fed-Ex and see what they told me. I have other priorities. When you took it upon yourself to file a complaint with Pay-Pal you escalated the issue. You wanted THEM to resolve the issue rather then giving me a chance to do so. You gave me less then 6 hours.... thats fine. They resolved it. Now you are unhappy with their verdict. How is that my fault? :idk:

so... in summary for the lazy....

I sent you the gear late, but offered you a full refund, which you declined. I serviced and put new parts on the gear out of pocket before I boxed and sent it with witnesses present who stated that it was in "very good" condition.

You got the gear and said that it was missing parts, that it was off a "rental line," and in poor condition after you even said it was in good condition from the pictures.

So.... im supposed to ignore ALL that i know to be true, go on your word, and refund you $100 (bringing the final sale price to $260).... even after Pay-Pal investigated the matter and found there to be no substance to your grievance against me... just to make you happy?

Sorry bud.... try that trick on some other sucker.

This is funny. There are other members here on the forum that have seen what you have sent. You did not offer me the money back. I told you that if I did not get shipping info I was going to file a dispute! I waited because you said you were out of town. What you sent me is complete crap. Your response to me is "problem solved I will explain when I can" I then looked up the tracking info and saw the package was light. I sent you very simple email to respond to and only one at that time. "Why is the package so light?" I have bought and sold alot of stuff here on the forum with NO issues.

The parts that I am "claiming" are missing are not there. Explain to me how this package was 8.4 lbs from Fed ex? explain to me what fed ex service charges 70.00(especially with no insurance as you claim??) for shipping an 8.4 lb package ground? The product you claimed to be in this package weighs 14lbs! If you can justify that one thing I would be more than happy to drop the whole thing.... IT IS QUITE SIMPLE: You lied to me, sold me junk and cannot deal with it like a man. THE PRODUCT LEFT YOUR HANDS 6LBS LIGHT!!!!!

And one more thing in your post it says you "bought new in 2008" your name is Jorge V*****.. .that is a far cry from the blacked out name on the wing that says "Colin G" Maybe that is your pen name?

fast97rs:
Problem solved will explain when I get a chance...

From october 11th PM
fast97rs:
Robert,

Yea, I locked it myself.... talk about a nutty thread.

Anyway... i was dumb enough to leave the shipping number in the back room. I'll get it when I go to work today.... sorry bro but its been nuts.

Jorgy

rmitchell248:
Your for sale thread has been closed. I imagine is because you stated that the Halcyon unit was sold.

You may have asked them to do so but I just wanted to let you know incase you were still trying to sell the diverite set up.

Thanks man... FYI I knew all along about the blue on the sides of the wing, I have seen them like that before. What a bunch of nuts....

Robert

From Fed Ex 5 days after you claimed to have left your tracking number in the back room.... Or was it your brother that sucks at answering his phone? I cant tell because you told me both stories. If your going to lie to me do it over the phone or something so it is not in writing!

Tracking no.: 822378810031984E-mail notifications
Delivered

Initiated Picked up In transit Delivered
Delivered
Signed for by: Signature not required
Shipment Dates
Ship date Oct 16, 2009
Delivery date Oct 22, 2009 10:52 AM
Destination
Suisun City, CA
Proof of Delivery

Shipment Facts Help
Service type Home Delivery
Weight 8.4 lbs/3.8 kg

Here is our correspondence up to 10-9-09
fast97rs:
rmitchell248:
fast97rs:
rmitchell248:
fast97rs:
Hey bud... yea, I got $417.23 though.... i thought we agreed on $430? I don't mean to nickle and dime you to death.... but it is $13...

hope all is well... not a big if you don't have all the cash at the moment.... I'll ship in the morning...

rmitchell248:
payment sent !!

fast97rs:
jorge*******@****.net

just go to "send money" then "personal" then select "payment owed"

just a heads up so it saves you the paypal fees....

Thanks,

Jorgy

rmitchell248:
Great, I just need to know the email addsress associated with the paypal acct and I'll send the money

Robert

fast97rs:
rmitchell248:
fast97rs:
rmitchell248:
would you take 400 shipped to 94585 on your Halycon set up?

Robert

shipping isn't cheap man.... i'll take $430 for it... you'll have it in 2-3 days... i'll end up with a bit under $370

let me know....

I can send you 430 through paypal right now.

Robert

im a bit new to paypal.... just set up an account.

Sure man.... sounds good. I can have it shipped this afternoon when i get out of work or first thing in the morning.

Thanks,

Jorgy

SENDING 13 NOW. I just went to paypal and hit 430 they deducted the fees. What is your shipping method? You said Id have it in 3 days, are you doing 3 day?

Thanks man I am looking forward to getting this rig. What weight belt did you use with it?

Rob

yes sir... sending it 3 days via FedEx... I honestly just used a weight belt.... but thats cause i don't have steal tanks

LOL check this out.. I hope this does not fall under the recall. If so no big deal I will run it down to a local dealer and have it taken care of.

Robert

Check what out? I heard of an issue with the dump valves, so I replaced them for new ones.... other then that?

PS.... shipping it during lunch around 12.

Last edited by a moderator:

I just spoke with Sasha (owner of SBD), very nice guy. I hate to waste his time with something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom