Dive Rite 905 vs Dui CF200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deskjockey

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new to scuba and trying to decide on a drysuit. Here in Jersey you need it most of the year to be really comfortable because I'm no tuff guy. I've only made 6 dives and they've all been in the DR905. That was the only suit my LDS had that would fit my feet (size 14+). The problem is that I want to buy a suit before too long but I don't want to regret the $2000 I spent. I can't afford to buy too many of these and rentals are $75 at my LDS so I don't want to spend $500 checking out 6 or 7 suits. HEEELLLPPP!! :11:

You cant go wrong with either of those suits. The DR is a trilam suit, the CF-200 is crushed neoprene. The CF-200 will give you a little stretch and be more form fitting. Its also a very tough suit, favored by alot of the wreck divers up here. Its up to you to decide which suit you want. The CF-200 takes three days to dry, the trilam will dry in 10 minutes. The fit is the most important thing, so choose wisely.

I really liked that the DR 905 dried very quickly but since I can't realistically expect to get wet more than 2-3 times a month, I'll get plenty of drying time in between. Now to shop around for price before I try one on. I don't want to go to the closest LDS first because they charged me over $100 more than a shop about an hour away for the same BP/Wing setup. The suit may be $200 more there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom