Dive resorts on Utila?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AllenG

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone offer first-hand information re pros/cons of the various dive resorts on Utila (Utila Lodge, Laguna Beach, any others). I'd prefer a dive resort (a la CoCoView or AKR) rather than just a room in a Bay Island-version of a hotel.

AllenG once bubbled...
Can anyone offer first-hand information re pros/cons of the various dive resorts on Utila (Utila Lodge, Laguna Beach, any others). I'd prefer a dive resort (a la CoCoView or AKR) rather than just a room in a Bay Island-version of a hotel.

We just returned from the Bay Islands, but can only offer 'secondhand' rumours. We were on the Aggressor there, but did make landfall in Utila for one evening. As we were told, the crew on the Aggressor suggested they wouldn't dive with any of the Utila based operations, as the equipment is a tad subpar. They did say that if they were going to dive with any of them, the only possible op was the op with the chamber onsite, Utila Lodge(?).

Mike

Hi

Last August I've stayed at Utila Lodge, and had a great time. I've booked through Roatan Charters (1 week at CoCoView and 1 week at utila Lodge).
From what I've seen on the island, Utila Lodge is the best option.

Do you need further info?

Sue

Back
Top Bottom