Dive Report: USS Rankin 16 July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doczerothree

Registered
Reaction score
sorry guys this was meant to go into the wreck forum not expeditions--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow!! is all I can say about this wreck. Now I've been on her abour 3-4 times. Once I even remember looking for her. Sometimes the water is good AND sometimes it's not so good. Yesterday it was great temp 77, air temp around 90. We left Emerald Charters around 8:45a. The hardest part of the dive was putting my gear on board. (I rented tanks on this dive and these guys loaded and unloaded them for me). The boat drive was about an hour but it gave everyone time to get aquainted. When we arrived at the site another boat was already there so our capt asked their capt what the conditions were: "5 knot current and about 25 ft viz" was the report......... mmmmmmmm!! Not to be discouraged we 8 divers (on a boat that could easily hold 3 times that) geared up and got ready. The captain positioned us about 1/2 miles up current and we jumped.....for the first few seconds nothing but blue...then from about 30 feet she made her appearance. She is huge over 400ft, laying on her starboard side. Although I've been on her a few times I needed once again to get to know her. With lots of place to penetrate she would be a challange. I decided "not today" especially since todays mission was to get the lay of the land. (I did took a few looks inside...I couldn't help myself At 125ft I could have spent all 3 dives that day getting a good feel for her. Who knows when conditions would be this good again? Very minor < .5 current vis 75-100ft teaming with life and coral. After 3 passes I drift off her and blew my bag and watch her fade away....(I gotta get a camera!!!) 30 min on her, not all of it in the sand required SOME deco. But I was not alone I spent my entire hang time with Lee, the owner of Scuba Works Scuba Works - Scuba-Works.com and a very inquisitive Remora. At one point it even tried to attach itself to my neck. Of course we were the last ones to come up. But not to worry...This dive boat was all about diving well, safely, and enjoying the experience! We were given 65 minutes to use up...We used 56.

After the 2nd dive we got fed!! Boxed lunch consisting A roast beef sandwich, fruit salad, and the biggest cookie I've ever seen!! OH YEA!!!

The next 2 dives paled in comparision, but suffice it to say 2 hr in the water for both dives, lots of turtles, marine life and beautful reefs.
Tôi khá có nó và không c&#7847;n nó so v&#7899;i c&#7847;n nó và không có nó!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom