Dive Report: Post Tsunami, Similan Islands, Jan 6-8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueAlf:
are u going with a local dive shop? i've not been able to find one going to similans... i'm planning a trip there aroudn that time too and am actually checking out dive operators in Thailand directly.

got any recommendations for a singapore dive shop organising such trips?

tks.

Well, not that i'm trying to promote anyone, but I bet www.sunrise-divers.com could help you. (Sunrise also writes in this forum).

As for Singapore, I know that www.amrnour.com is based in Singapore:
Amr Nour Consulting Co,. Pte Ltd
20 Cecil Street, #14-01 Equity Plaza, Singapore 049705
Tel:+6698715124

BlueAlf:
are u going with a local dive shop? i've not been able to find one going to similans... i'm planning a trip there aroudn that time too and am actually checking out dive operators in Thailand directly.

got any recommendations for a singapore dive shop organising such trips?

tks.

Actually, my friends in Singapore didn't find anyone from there going to the Similans. We are going through Sea Bees Kata on the Genesis which takes 12 divers. It is only for 2 nights, so we take a speedboat out to the boat which is moored out in the Similans, I believe. They have been helpful, though. The boat used to leave from Khao Lak but the are was badly damaged and the boats now leave from the south end of Phuket, which I assume will make for a considerably longer ride. Good luck, maybe we'll see you there.

Mari

So, I am new at this and I know this is not the place to post this, but I am having trouble starting a new thread. We are going to Phuket and the Similans to go Scuba diving and I am wondering about having some extra scuba diving insurance like DAN. Where is the best place to get that, the internet? And is it a good idea? Thanks for any input.

There are a number of Phuket-based dive travel coordinators with internet presence. I used www.siamdivers.com to get my trip. They were excellent -- responsive and helpful. Their site has info on a lot of the boats that run trips. Not all of them though.

As for insurance, I use DAN and it's certainly recommended to get this type of insurance in case something happens. You can get insured through their website (www.diversalertnetwork.com). It's just a matter of entering in some personal info, and paying the money. DAN has some competitors, but I think it's the one most worth supporting, since they are very involved with research into dive safety and other things.

-Simon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom