Dive report FTW 10-12-19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AfterDark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Dive 2086 10-21-2019 FTW Ed McGriffin

Met Ed at FTW for what I expected to be a Helen Keller dive. After the overnight rain I thought the runoff would make for lousy vis. After several tries and a lot of help from Ed I got kitted up and we were ready to dive. We entered at the boat ramp and swam West across the cove and dove the West edge of the cove turning and heading NE for the return along the East edge of the cove. The vis in the shallow water looked promising as it sometimes does and held to about 10' vis to about 20FSW where it was reduced to a couple of feet. We came back to 10-12FSW where the vis was much better. The bottom temp was 61F didn't get the surface temp because my PDC started flashing BAT. Max depth was 20FSW going across the cove where the vis held to 10' there even at 20FSW. Spotted a spiny skate and a big tog but not much else. A nice dive with a new diver who was no trouble and a BIG help too me. Tide was incoming to about mid point when we started the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom