Dive Report - Extreme W. Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZzzKing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Dove La Jolla Shores yesterday am with a local divemaster. Nice dive. 10-15 vis. A might chilly but not bad. One bat ray, one octopus, one Spanish Shawl (?), one large sheepshead, one seacucumber, one divemaster that occasionally kicked up the bottom. :shakehead:

Max depth 74'. Temp at depth - low 50's. Light surf.

Please excuse my ignorance but where is La Jolla Shores?
What sort of distance from DFW?

Answers to questions...1)La Jolla Shores, if memory serves, is near San Diego, California. 2) It's a loooooong ways from DFW (at least in miles...not too bad by jet. I'm guessing about 4-5 hours.

But then, the OP could probably provide better info.

It's 1372.90 driving miles from East Dallas according to Mapquest. Once you hit El Paso you're over half way there. It's a little faster by plane. The diving landscape isn't any more impressive than most of the N Texas sites I dive but the critters are a little more interesting. Nevertheless, I'm glad I lugged my gear along.

KQEWELL DWUED

A cool Buzz and some tazdy waves ! :cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom