Dive Report - Denver Aquarium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaNube

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm not sure how many people have already done this but the Denver Aquarium Shark dive is pretty neat! All the gear was provided except for basics (Mask, towel) and I was the only one diving that day so I had the tank to myself (with the dive guide). The water was warm and visibililty was decent but I was not used to it being so dark so my pictures did not come out great. There were a few cool shots but after taking about 50 or so I just sat back and enjoyed the show. The sharks come in really close and there are often two at a time swimming in unison which looks amazing. The staff was very nice and actually mentioned to me after the swim that my pictures would be dark (kind of wish they'd said that at the beginning). The aquarium is small and really crowded on the weekends but the shark tank has plent of room! I would recommend this for someone who is itching to dive and can't get away. The main aquarium dive seems a little tame in comparison so I would opt for the sharks! See the attached pictures.

Attachments

• P1010030small.JPG
    P1010030small.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 94
  • P1010035small.JPG
    P1010035small.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 171
  • P1010042small.JPG
    P1010042small.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 100
  • P1010046small.JPG
    P1010046small.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 166
  • P1010048.jpg
    P1010048.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 87
  • P1010018small.JPG
    P1010018small.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 89
I'm not sure how many people have already done this but the Denver Aquarium Shark dive is pretty neat! All the gear was provided except for basics (Mask, towel) and I was the only one diving that day so I had the tank to myself (with the dive guide). The water was warm and visibililty was decent but I was not used to it being so dark so my pictures did not come out great. There were a few cool shots but after taking about 50 or so I just sat back and enjoyed the show. The sharks come in really close and there are often two at a time swimming in unison which looks amazing. The staff was very nice and actually mentioned to me after the swim that my pictures would be dark (kind of wish they'd said that at the beginning). The aquarium is small and really crowded on the weekends but the shark tank has plent of room! I would recommend this for someone who is itching to dive and can't get away. The main aquarium dive seems a little tame in comparison so I would opt for the sharks! See the attached pictures.

I've been interested in doing this, probably just the main tank. However, I heard they require you to use their gear, except a mask. I understand that this is to limit contamination of the environment, but I would be much more comfortable using my own regs and computer (not that I would approach NDL in an aquarium, but I have a wireless AI computer).

What kind of gear do they make you use?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom