Dive Recommendations Wanted: 3 Weeks in KL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agardner

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in Malaysia with work for 3 weeks from 10th February to 28th February.

First week I'll be in Cyberjaya. Second two weeks I'll be in KL.

Going to take my kit and hoping to get as many dives in as possible (nights and weekends).

Any recommendations for:
- Itineraries
- Dive shops
- Destinations

NO diving on the East Coast because of the weather.
Actually, some dive centres on the east coast islands (e.g., Tioman, Tenggol, Perhentian) are having promotion deals for the next few months despite it officially still being monsoon season.
Personally I'll probably wait until March or so before going to one of the east coast islands.

So the East Coast is out, but anything do-able during the weekends on the West coast? I'll be based in KL.
I need to be back in KL for the Monday morning so that rules out flying anywhere...

There seems to be some diving around Langkawi but I've never tried it since the reports of crappy visibility aren't very enticing.
Sorry to say there aren't many options this time of year that exclude flying.
If you could get a Friday off then perhaps a weekend trip up to Thailand might be a better option. I think it's currently the peak season for diving in the Andaman Sea so conditions should be pretty good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom