Dive recommendations for Ko Samui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jme93

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ill be traveling to ko Samui in January. Does anyone have operator recommendations?

Any places to avoid or general comments?

Thank you

samui.jpg
The average sea depth around Samui is 4 to 7m, and consists of sand and mud. The interesting part would be south of Samui, but I'm not aware of any operators taking you there. Most Samui-based diving is done either north of AngThong marine park (on the left in the picture), or north of Phangan. Both are boattrips over 1 hour away from Samui.

Koh Samui dive operators work with speedboats and visit mainly Sail Rock or Koh Tao sites and two operators have a slow, big boat which visits the same locations but they also visit once a week Ang Thong National Marine Park.
There's no diving offered around Samui itself unless you want to dive Chaweng reef.

The South of Samui is not offered anymore since the dive scene changed on the island and now all trip are directed towards the before mentioned destinations.

Have a look into 'The ive Academy' if you prefer speedboats or 'Easy Divers' if you prefer a bigger, more comfortable albeit slower boat.

I will be in Koh Samui next Monday, can I schedule a dive trip on Monday for tuesday, or do they need more advanced notice?

Wow, Great trip, did 3 dive trip with easy divers, went to Koh Tao, shark island, and Sail Rock. Saw 2 Whale Shark, and 4 Bulls and Sail Rock....Awesome. Thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom