Dive Rating Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking for a company who can rate a product's depth in a laboratory setting. I'm not having much luck with google. The two companies that I have found so far only work with large oil companies.

The product already functions at 4ATM. We need a legitimate engineering company to put our product in a tank and make sure it can work at 5 ATM. If successful, we'd like to test it at 6ATM.

We'd like a certification from the company.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Darren

How big is the item? I would look at contacting the rebreather manufacturers, like Jurgensen Marine or Megalodon, or perhaps the computer manufacturers like Shearwater Research or Liquivision as they all need to test their instruments for depth. DiveRite might be of some help too as they make both computers and rebreathers.

Jim

Have you tried contacting any Reco chambers?

We'd be glad to help out pending the size of the object(s) to be tested will fit in our pressure chamber and the report you need is within the scope of something we can provide. We have been through CE testing for instruments and conducted the tests before sending our unit off for certification.

We also have what we call the "chamber of horrors" which is our test jig. Every new product now goes through this before being shipped as part of our QA. The test involves many hours (days) of exposure to pressurizing and depressurizing, hot and cold extremes, and impact trauma all at once. We also typically run the solution in the test chamber at about the salinity of the Dead Sea throughout this process, but can do it at about any salinity you wish.

Since implementing this procedure along with hardware revisions we've dramatically reduced the number of reported problems after shipping (almost to zero).

Please send me an email to info@liquivision.ca and I will get you in touch with our engineering staff to determine if this is a project we can help with.

-Doug
Liquivision Marketing & Sales Manager

If it is smaller than a scuba tank bring it to your local hydro test station they can but it under 300 bar and maybe a bit more after all they do it to your cylinders

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom