Dive planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobbonthecorn

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Predator for OC use. I have 16 dives logged over the last 6 weeks, and have been using the latest firmware update. My challenge is to be able to perform accurate dive planning that represents how the computer will behave when used to the plan.

Part one: I am aware that the algorithm utilizes the Buhlmann ZHL-16C and gradient factors. However, I have been unsuccessful in finding dive planning software with the same implementation. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Part two: I dove 110 for 20 minutes, GF 15/80, Nitrox 31/00. The Predator showed a deco dive beginning at 17:40. Upon reaching 40 ft (22:00) I was told to hold for 3 minutes, at 30 for 1, at 20 for 1, all done. I found the timing order to be the opposite of what one might expect. Normal?

Received an answer to my issue from Shearwater. It appears that for simple dive profiles with small decompression obligations the current algorithm is too conservative. We can expect this to be addressed in a future firmware update. Case closed!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom