Dive Ops That Will Pick Up at Iberostar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We booked Dive with Martin to "try them out"....frankly, I liked their service BY FAR better than Dressels. We did a twilight and a night dive combined with them. It is a small operation, smaller dive boat, however our experience was over the top! Just make sure you're not using any Dressels rental gear - they will stop you at the dock and not let you go with it!

BTW...the Secrets dock/pier fees have increased to $5 per day...
I guess inflation is hitting everywhere.

R and I were just having a conversation about what happens when the southern part of the island is shut down due to winds. If you're staying somewhere like Iboerostar or Occidental, you may be too far south for them to pick you up today (it's hard for me to tell if those locations are truly further south than the red lined area - but certainly, anyone wanting to go to Punta Sur and El Cielo is out of luck, right?). Anyone know what they do in those situations? Do hotels pay for cabs (like Fiesta Americana has been doing since they closed their pier)? Or are folks on their own to get to/from the marina? This might make a difference in where I choose to stay during months it is more likely we could get weathered out of dive days. The FB page I keep an eye on is Port Status (Cozumel) by Dive With Martin

Here's todays' pic of what is closed:

1653577063758.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom