Dive Ops in Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DougieG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

My 19 year old daughter and I will be doing some diving in Jupiter in early September. We hope to see the Goliath Grouper Aggregation as well as some sharks. We both have done about 100 dives with some drift diving experience. We are by no means experts, and haven't done much diving over the last 2 years because of COVID, but we are both comfortable in the water. I'm just looking for a Dive Op that would give us a great experience. Any recommendations would be most appreciated!

DougieG

Hi @DougieG

There are several good operators in Jupiter, I have been using Jupiter Dive Center for many years and have done many good Goliath Grouper dives with them. The Goliath Grouper dives generally do the Wreck Trek or MG-111. The former has a better chance to also see sharks. You will also see Goliath Grouper and sharks on the reef dives in Jupiter. Jupiter Dive Center specifically lists Goliath Grouper aggregation dives on their reservation page
1655400622623.png

I'm sure you would not go wrong using any of the operators in Jupiter. Other posters will certainly share their experiences.

You'll have a great trip.

I use both Kyalami dive charters and Jupiter Dive Center, they are both great! Make sure to schedule ahead of time as the Goliath charters fill up fast, especially for the weekends!

Also all charters in the area will require a DSMB and a dive computer. It is also a good idea to have your Nitrox certification as these dives are in the 80-100 foot depth range.
Good points, I take them for granted. Off the JDC website, they require nitrox cert:
1655403165081.png

I use both Kyalami dive charters and Jupiter Dive Center, they are both great! Make sure to schedule ahead of time as the Goliath charters fill up fast, especially for the weekends!

In fact some of the best dates are already booked. Definitely want to book early!

I miss Sl8r! Kayalami is still a solid boat.

How is the area around Vero Beach for diving?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom