Dive ops Close to Gran Melia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi!
We stayed at the Melia June 10-20 and dove with Scuba Du. They picked us up at the Playa Azul pier, about a 5 minute walk away. Once I was able to hop aboard at the Cozumelano pier (RIGHT next door to Melia), but that's a no-no for people staying at Melia, as Melia is suing the Coz (allegedly) because the Coz's concrete pier is blocking the natural flow of fresh water in front of Melia.
There may be others too... but we were very happy w/ Scuba Du. (though will likely try other ops, like Blue X-T Sea or Dive w/ Martin) who've received such glowing reviews here and elsewhere!)

When are you staying at the Melia? We will be there Sept. 3 thru 9. I think I am using Dive with Alison with the only bad part being that I will have to hop a taxi to the marina. Hopefully there will be others during that time that I can atleast share the ride fare going with.

Scott,
Our travel plans are still in flux. Maybe Sept 17th-24 but Sept 3-9 is not out of the question. If we can't get room in Sept, we're looking at Dec 10-23, when we already have a week blocked out.
I should add that since we've only been to Coz once, we're sure to check out some other dive ops on future trips. Blue XTC really sounds great, as does Dive with Martin and a buddy I met really loved Anita Divers.

ckofabq:
Scott,
Our travel plans are still in flux. Maybe Sept 17th-24 but Sept 3-9 is not out of the question. If we can't get room in Sept, we're looking at Dec 10-23, when we already have a week blocked out.
I should add that since we've only been to Coz once, we're sure to check out some other dive ops on future trips. Blue XTC really sounds great, as does Dive with Martin and a buddy I met really loved Anita Divers.

I am sure any of them will be great. I have used Papa Hogs and Sand Dollar and both were great in their own ways. I would love to dive with Christi (the Diva lol) sometime but from what I can tell, its easier getting in to a Hollywood hot spot than it is to find her with a vacantcy. Dive with Martin also is top notch from what I can gather.

When I Coz my wife and I dove with Dive w/ Martin.
5 star in my books.
We are both advanced divers with lots of wreck and current dives.
We opted for the extra package that Martin offers where you go with thier King Coz package

http://www.cozumelkingdiver.com/

This way you get your own dive master and bigger tanks and get real personalized service. None of that go up when the first person runs out of air.

Our DM was amazing. Grabbed my camera to shase sharks and get pictures, Video of thie dive (unexpected and no cost), found sea horses......great time.

Melia to martins is about 7 to 10 US.

Well wrth the extra

Scott101:
I would love to dive with Christi (the Diva lol) sometime but from what I can tell, its easier getting in to a Hollywood hot spot than it is to find her with a vacantcy.
Guess it's time to see what it's like on the other side of the velvet ropes... got a date with Christi! Can't wait. It's my wife's first trip since getting certified last Nov. and she's never seen stuff like Cozumel.
I see you're going very soon. Enjoy! Our countdown will take a little longer, though October is within sight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom