Dive operators Playa Hermosa Costa Rica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

majjac

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am looking for a dive operation either in Playa Hermosa or Playa Cocos. I am a Padi instructor and My husband and children dive. I sent a request in for rich coast diving. I was a little taken back when I got a call from someone asking for my credit card information over the phone. It would not have been a huge issue until I asked more questions. I am not too comfortable with a 72 hour cancellation policy . I don't want to get on board with 16-25 other divers. I don't want to have any issues in case I don't like the diving or dive operator. Any suggestions for smaller groups, reasonable prices and policies. I will be in Costa rica from the 24-31. Thanks for any help.

We dive with max 4 divers in 1 group, so I don't know how much smaller you would like it.
As for the credit card information, I did explain to you that most people do not feel comfortable giving us the credit card info on the internet, we are giving the divers an option to do it on line or by phone (prefered by most). It's just that us, dive centers, do need security for the reservations.(all dive centers here have the same policy)

Your option is to do the first dive with us and then if you do not like the diving here in Costa Rica you can just pay for what you did and then move on. Of course I am sure you do like the diving.
We just need this assurance seeing that you are coming in the high season and if you cancel on the day it self we might have dissapointed other divers buy telling them we were full.

I hope I have answered your questions, and I would appreciate if you send me a personal email with your requests and hesitations you might have.
Thanks so much
Brenda

Thanks for trying to clear things up for me . Your E-mail did say you had room fro 25 divers but typically you only take 16.With 4 divers to a guide. Additionally you quoted me a cancellation policy of 72 hours. While this may work for many people, It doesn't fit for me and my family. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

In Playas del Coco, another option is Summer Salt Summer Salt - Costa Rica. They have 2 small boats and normally take very small groups. I'm a regular diving in Guanacaste, so after a few years, came to like being able to decide what spots I want to do. I guess a good advice is to do as RCD recommends, try them and then decide. There are several other good operations in Playas del Coco.

I was told by an instructor today that just last week they saw several mantas at Playpen, local shallow dive.

Good luck!

Fernando

You're right, there are loads of Mantas around at the local dive sites. Yesterday they were jumping out of the water and every one got really excited. There is a lot of algae so I guess that's the reason. About the divers, you don't have to worry about over crowded because our boat is a trimaran with plenty of space. It is never full, cuz like I said, if we reach about 16 we use a second boat. Merry X-mas to you and everyone else on the scuba board as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom