Dive Op Recommendations in West Bay - Blue Planet Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sneeg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
In September I asked for recommendations for Dive Ops in West Bay so after an incredible trip I thought I would give an update on our experience. We chose Blue Planet Divers and were very happy with our choice.

Rather than just say 'they are great' and 'I recommend them', here are some specifics:
- Tom, the owner, really cares that you have a great experience and that your needs are met. He just moved to a new location in West Bay that he now owns. He is committed to developing a good reputation and providing a VIP diving experience.
- Mares rental equipment that is in great shape and properly maintained. (Check out the picture of their equipment room on their web-site and you will see how meticulous Tom is about his equipment,)
- Weight integrated BCD's
- They take the time to check that the rental equipment actually fits and is the correct size.
- Small groups. I think their max is 6 divers per dive master.
- Boats are in good shape and equipped with safety equipment. Boat captains are friendly and helpful.
- Let you dive a full 60 minutes even if some members of group have to surface earlier.
- Dive masters are attentive, personable, and experienced. You could tell that Meg (our dive master) was checking out our skill and comfort level on our first dive and after that focused on finding cool stuff for us to see. One member of our group kept having buoyancy issues and she was always right there to help as well as to give tips when we got back to the surface.
- VIP diving. They took care of all our equipment - all we had to do was show up and have fun.
- Very reasonable prices. We paid $35 per tank and $40 per week (or $10 per day) for equipment rental. Taxes included! No extra fees or surprise charges.

They just moved locations and are now located between Henry Morgan's and the Argentinian Grill. It took us ten minutes to walk from the Grand Roatan Resort and was worth every step.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom