Dive Op in Antigua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why? Looking at planning a trip to Antigua SOON. Might get married there in Oct/Nov and we were thinking Sandals. We went to St Lucia and loved every minute of it. Was sandals unsafe? Our trip is not a dive specific trip - but we would probably dive 3 days out of 7. Maybe 4.

We did the Sandals in Antigua. Good diving. If you want to go deep (~60fsw) then you MUST go on the 7am boat. The afternoon boat is for the discover diving they go may 35fsw.
They were safe and the DM went at a nice slow pace. Expect 30-40 minute dives.

Try the Sea World Diving School in Compton Building at the Dockyard Drive English Harbour. This is really a fantastic and great diving operation! We go to this dive op because we had read some reviews on this place on Trip Advisor. Many people speak highly of this dive op. the people in this dive op are very professional and are willing to help inexperienced divers like me. They are very familiar with the great spots for diving. Besides, they also have great and wonderful diving equipments.

This pains me to write, as I have recently visited Antigua and fell in love with its beauty and people. However, those planning to visit and support Antigua need to be aware that Antigua is a pro-whaling country. There is much debate if they support whaling due to the influence of aid from Japan or other reasons, but it is undisputed that they support whaling through their representatives in the IWC.

Since most divers I know are also practicing conservationists and environmentalists, I wanted to ensure everyone was aware of this. This island nations of Antigua and Barbuda, Grenada, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia and St. Vincent and the Grenadines continue to voice their support for Japanese whaling activities to the best of my knowledge.

I'll leave it to each person to determine whether or not their support for whaling is important enough for them to make alternate plans, but I certainly will no longer be listing countries on this list. On top of that, I will make it know to the individual resorts I've visited in the past and the travel agents I used to plan these trips of my objections.

Just something to think about...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom