Dive of Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great story.

When I had just finished getting my Private Pilot License I had a dream that I died in a low vis collision against a snow peaked mountain. I remember coming out of a cloud a the mountain was right there in front of me. I pulled back on the yoke knowing that there was no way I could avoid the mountain and that it would only result in stalling the plane, but I was hoping it would reduce the impact speed to a survivable amount. The next thing I know is that I see the propeller all bent in front of me and not moving. And then I am seeing the wreck from above and I'm thinking, "crap, I died". Then I woke up. It is the only dying dream I ever had in my whole life, it did make me feel a bit jittery the next time I took a plane up.

I've never had bad diving dreams. They usually involve me being under water free diving, holding my breath, but I do not want to go up to the surface. It's too cool down here. So I stay down until I feel my lungs are going to burst and then I take a breath and to my surprise I find that I can breath water. And then I go on enjoying the underwater scenery while breathing water. I suspect these dreams may point out to me having sleep apnea or something.

Did you do the Capilano River dive?

I've heard about this sad story that happened in 1996 and seen the memorial stone near Whytecliff's dropoff many times...Does anyone knows detail of what had happened to divers? I can imagine that was a huge tragedy - was any incident analysis ever published? Was the body of Dave recovered after that dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom