Dive not recording to Suunto Gekko Logbook

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cspringer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

I'm new to diving. I'm currently in a PADI Open Water course and will hopefully pass all my exams and skills this weekend. What I'm having trouble with is my husband's dive computer (Suunto Gekko) is a rental and it is not recording his dives. I bought a Suunto Gekko and it records mine fine. Is there a way to reset his computer so it will record his dives? There is no history or any entries in the logbook. Since his was a rental, it has a bunch of cool dives that other people did, but no evidence of his dives. The last entry was recorded in August 08. We just did a confined dive in the pool 14 feet last night (11/5/08). All of my information is in my logbook, but on his computer nothing shows up.

Does anyone have any advice?

Candy

Obviously you have battery power and did you press the menu button and ensure that you looked at the logbook ? You stated that you also had the same computer, so I assume you know all that already, but my gekko has logged all of my dives and I just have to make sure I use the log book feature and scroll up or down to find the dive...

2 possible options come to mind:

1. It's broken

2. There is a factory software program that dealers can use to set/reset parameters on the Gekko. I've never seen it used but I'm wondering if it's possible that one of the options is to turn off dive logging. Not sure why you'd want to do that exactly.

Candy,

As far as I know, there is no way to turn off the recording function on the Gekko. It simply records every dive.

Your post contains some contradictory info. On the one hand, you say that there "is no history or any entries in the logbook." On the other, you imply that it logged the dive data for other people's dives (the last being Aug 2008)...just not your husband's recent dives.

I would check your husband's computer again. Make sure that you aren't confusing the "History" function for the "Logbook."

FYI, the Gekko instruction manual can be downloaded at the following URL:
http://www.aqualung.com/technical_library/GEKKO.pdf

If that doesn't work, then the computer could be malfunctioning. In that case, I would recommend giving Suunto Customer Support a call at 1-800-543-9124. Their call center is open 24 hours a day 5 days a week between Sunday 9 pm and Friday 9 pm GMT.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Have fun on your certification dives.

Thanks so much for your replies. I'm going to take it back to see if I can get another one and report the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom